Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Must admit, I'm getting the feeling Rafa isn't getting the same love that the scousers gave him at Liverpool - if we want to keep a manager of his class and reputation there should be more getting behind him. I call for more Rafa love!!!  :aww:

trouble is when you pay £100 for a day out like yesterday and the squad capitulates like it did in the second half against Oxford, the travelling fans have a right to be pissed every now n again. Rafa gets infinitely more love than ever so i guess we wll disagree, does he deserve the love? lets see next season IF he gets us up, till then for me it's a wee bit of love  :love:

19 games of the season left, Rafa will plan for everyone single one, a couple of additions to the squad and we'll be fine, still get the feeling Ashley will f*** him over in the summer though.

This - highly likely now, esp as P45Due is now available....

"Highly likely"  :lol:

You won't be LOL if Benitez walks at the end of the season.....you'll learn...

Get yourself down to the bookies and enquire what price they'll give you on Rafa being manager at the start of next season and what price they'll give you on Pardew being manager. Then come back and tell us so we can discuss which one is "highly likely".....

..and what odds would the bookies have given for JokeKinnear getting the manager's job for a second time..??

If you think the bookies can predict what Ashley would do in any situation, you are a lot more trusting of them than I am...these are the people who predicted that the UK would not vote for Brexit or the US elect Trump..

Incidentally, I am interested in what odds the bookies would give you on Rafa NOT being manager next season without including Pardew as his replacement..have you checked that one out yet..!??

19 games of the season left, Rafa will plan for everyone single one, a couple of additions to the squad and we'll be fine, still get the feeling Ashley will f*** him over in the summer though.

Get yourself down to the bookies and enquire what price they'll give you on Rafa being manager at the start of next season and what price they'll give you on Pardew being manager. Then come back and tell us so we can discuss which one is "highly likely".....

..and what odds would the bookies have given for JokeKinnear getting the manager's job for a second time..??

If you think the bookies can predict what Ashley would do in any situation, you are a lot more trusting of them than I am...these are the people who predicted that the UK would not vote for Brexit or the US elect Trump..

Incidentally, I am interested in what odds the bookies would give you on Rafa NOT being manager next season without including Pardew as his replacement..have you checked that one out yet..!??

http://i.imgur.com/0mw1I8e.gif

I think what you're struggling to grasp is not of these events are or were "highly likely". Is there a possibility that Rafa might not be our manager next season - yes, is it "highly likely" - clearly not.

Anyway, enough, as the whole debate is relatively pointless.

Where were we in the league at this stage last time we were down? Can't get on Statto but I'm fairly sure we were already well in control and yet we still signed a couple of players that helped confirm promotion (we played much better stuff in the final third of the season) and stabilise us once back in the Premier League.

Absolutely nothing this time. Yet another needless gamble under this tenure, hope it doesn't backfire.

Where were we in the league at this stage last time we were down? Can't get on Statto but I'm fairly sure we were already well in control and yet we still signed a couple of players that helped confirm promotion (we played much better stuff in the final third of the season) and stabilise us once back in the Premier League.

Absolutely nothing this time. Yet another needless gamble under this tenure, hope it doesn't backfire.

We are 2 points better off then the last Championship season.

In order to feel more confident the teams around us need to start dripping points, which isn't happening atm. I just can't see us doing particularly well under pressure with the lack of grit and leadership we have in this team.

We were top, with 56 points. Previous game was a 0-0 draw at Leicester who had 10 men for the majority of the game (if you go back to that match thread, everyone was in a great spirits like now :lol:).

The January window we brought in

Danny Simpson £750,000 (making loan deal permanent)

Wayne Routledge £1,000,000

Mike Williamson £1,000,000

Leon Best 'undisclosed'

In order to feel more confident the teams around us need to start dripping points, which isn't happening atm. I just can't see us doing particularly well under pressure with the lack of grit and leadership we have in this team.

So we will drop points while the teams below us with worse squads will continue perfectly?

If Shelvey gets injured or another long ban, I'm down to about a 6 or 7, right now though even without improvements, it's still around 8 to 9, Reading flying atm and Brighton just relentless.

So we will drop points while the teams below us with worse squads will continue perfectly?

Not saying that, like. It's a worry that the gap is being squeezed and that a few dropped points on our part could lead to us slipping into the playoff places, and frankly I don't see our squad having the type of mentality to stay on top. Leeds, Huddersfield, Reading all have the bit between their teeth atm.