Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well considering we cruised past Leeds at their place, and considering they've lost as much as they've won on the road this season, I see no reason to expect nothing other than a victory for Newcastle when we play them at home.Anything can happen on the day, and sure there are some home games our players decide to take their foot off the pedal for, but unless we're at our worst then it will be a win.

So because Wolves etc beat us at SJP, does that mean they are certainties to beat us when we play them at home..? Not at all, everyone knows that a new game is a new game ; Leeds have improved since we played them, they have a manager who is relatively new to them and they appear to be responding to him...just as NUFC did when Rafa took over but it took a few weeks to get going. And just what is our 'worst'.? Losing at home to Blackburn or winning against the odds at Preston ?

Too much viewing things through B&W specs and not enough cool thinking - if we lose to Brighton and Reading the bookies will soon change their tune so people have to remain practical - my view is that we are NOT certainties for automatic promotion IF we get injuries to key players and haven't signed anyone to cover.

It's clear that us older folks are more cynical/pessimistic that the younger brigade, we've been through it before with the club and know never to expect anything. You're all gonna have to bear with us we'll eventually catch up.

That's an impressive run of form from Leeds but the last eight games have only given them one more point than us, 19 vs. 18. Our goal difference over than span has also been league leading at +12. Leeds have +11. Shelvey was missing for a good chunk of those games too.

I don't think the chasing pack can improve further, so an automatic places is ours to lose. League leading GD in recent form suggests that is unlikely.

It's clear that us older folks are more cynical/pessimistic that the younger brigade, we've been through it before with the club and know never to expect anything. You're all gonna have to bear with us we'll eventually catch up.

Let's hope it works out that way...and not them finally catching up to us because we've seen it all happen before..!

There is no way Leeds will maintain this form and Brighton will go through a blip too and I expect them to drop points in their next two matches! We'll win the league with a game to spare!

I hope so. It was injuries that scuppered Brighton near the back end of last season, which saw them slip into the play-offs.But last season there were 3 of them pushing on closely (with Boro and Burnley).

So far this season, I don't think they've had too many key/longterm injuries - but surely they cant go a full season with their near first choice 11 playing every match??

Knockaert is quality, wish we had someone like him in our team. They have a few cracking players at this level Brighton, Lewis Dunk and that Dale Stephens for example. Think they'll do us down there. Would be nice to win the league but I'd take second place in a heart beat. The end of February will make or break our promotion push, 3 massive away fixtures.

OK, so this is a bit anal, but hay ho, it was fun doing it.

Below is a table of our and Brighton's remaining fixtures, with on the very left and right a column showing the current table position (Leeds / Huddersfield are wrong way around.)

It's interesting to note that in the remaining 19 games we currently have to play the whole of the top 14 ! teams.

Well when you consider there's 24 teams in the league and you have 19 games left to play, it really isn't a big deal that we have to play the top 14 though is it. It's not like we have 6 games left and have 6 of the top 7 to play or summit.

OK, so this is a bit anal, but hay ho, it was fun doing it.

Below is a table of our and Brighton's remaining fixtures, with on the very left and right a column showing the current table position (Leeds / Huddersfield are wrong way around.)

It's interesting to note that in the remaining 19 games we currently have to play the whole of the top 14 ! teams.

Well when you consider there's 24 teams in the league and you have 19 games left to play, it really isn't a big deal that we have to play the top 14 though is it. It's not like we have 6 games left and have 6 of the top 7 to play or summit.

I was shocked at 23 games when i realised we had to play the top 23 again like.

Well considering we cruised past Leeds at their place, and considering they've lost as much as they've won on the road this season, I see no reason to expect nothing other than a victory for Newcastle when we play them at home.Anything can happen on the day, and sure there are some home games our players decide to take their foot off the pedal for, but unless we're at our worst then it will be a win.

So because Wolves etc beat us at SJP, does that mean they are certainties to beat us when we play them at home..? Not at all, everyone knows that a new game is a new game ; Leeds have improved since we played them, they have a manager who is relatively new to them and they appear to be responding to him...just as NUFC did when Rafa took over but it took a few weeks to get going. And just what is our 'worst'.? Losing at home to Blackburn or winning against the odds at Preston ?

Too much viewing things through B&W specs and not enough cool thinking - if we lose to Brighton and Reading the bookies will soon change their tune so people have to remain practical - my view is that we are NOT certainties for automatic promotion IF we get injuries to key players and haven't signed anyone to cover.

If Brighton suddenly lose Dunk, Knockaert and Murray to injuries/suspensions, do you think that they will also struggle to stay in the automatic promotion spots?

:lol: honestly I don't think it really matters who we play barring like 3 or 4 teams though.

I thought we were just having a little bit of banter with SCT.

then Scoot and Newsted get all nasty- shame on them.