Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

7 points from those 3 games, and we won the 2 most important. 9.5

frustrating outcome in some respects though because we're by no means clear even after 2 such big results, they just won't stay down :lol:

9 clear of huddersfield in 3rd, with an extra point for goal difference.

even if they win their game in hand thats still effectively 7 clear.

how clear do u want/expect us to be???

Pretty sure you don't get an extra point for goal difference

my god. not literally, man!

finish level on points and your better goal difference comes in to play.

goal difference  means f*** all unless you on are the same points total , sick of reading this con

Exactly. Fucks me off when you are within 5 points of a team it constantly gets talked about. Or 9 in this case

7 points from those 3 games, and we won the 2 most important. 9.5

frustrating outcome in some respects though because we're by no means clear even after 2 such big results, they just won't stay down :lol:

9 clear of huddersfield in 3rd, with an extra point for goal difference.

even if they win their game in hand thats still effectively 7 clear.

how clear do u want/expect us to be???

Pretty sure you don't get an extra point for goal difference

goal difference  means f*** all unless you on are the same points total , sick of reading this con

it means we can finish level on points with huddersfield and still go up. they need to finish with more points than us. not a con ffs.

In the context of this conversation our GD is very important and is essentially an extra point, why get angry over it? :lol:

Exactly. :lol:

They aren't going to make up the deficit so we have effectively won any tie-breaker already. It's a huge positive.

Just had a look at the run in from now and it would have to be our biggest fuck up ever to not get promoted.

Hudders have some hard games and surely will drop more points.we simply need to hold our nerve with a run of reasonable results to do this.

The way I see it, win on Saturday and it takes us to 80 points with 9 to play. Even dropping to a two points per game average (over what is essentially, a middling group of fixtures) would leave us on 98 points. Although I think the total required for promotion may be slightly over 90 this year, it would take a miracle to stop us on 98. If Huddersfield won every single game of their remaining 11, they would finish on 101. So basically, with our goal difference :coolsmiley: they could afford one draw.

Just got to keep our heads down and keep going as we are. Personally I think promotion will be confirmed at home to Preston (and I'm a glass half empty person).

I stick to the 2 points-per-game target, so finishing on 92pts after 46.

We're 15 points away with 10 games to go. A modest 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats and we'd still reach it.

Maybe Brighton or Huddersfield will top that, but both?

In the context of this conversation our GD is very important and is essentially an extra point, why get angry over it? :lol:

Half a point would be more accurate projection of GD-to-points (so we got 77.5 points now).

For any lunatic who is worried, we are 1/100 to finish in the top 2 which says it all!

I've admired your consistent optimism throughout, especially after the occasional bad result when some go into panic mode, but that game last night proves once again that football (and life) has a habit of biting you on the arse if over confidence leads to complacency.

That said I can't see complacency being allowed when Rafa's in charge  :)

I can't see complacency being an issue, just because of the bad performances we've sometimes had and how hard we are being pursued by Huddersfield and Brighton. Those two have made the season more stressful but they've also kept us on our toes.

Guest firetotheworks

It's mad that we're seen as having delusions of grandeur, when anyone could have a deeks in here and witness the most (justifiably) cynical cunts on the planet, like. [emoji38]

Just looking at past tables, 3rd place points totals (going back from last season): 89, 86, 85, 77, 86, 80, 79, 80, 75, 84, 81

..the mackems in 97/98 are the last 3rd placed team to break 90 points in fact

Win tomorrow and we're on 80, which would have been promotion in 4 of the last 10 seasons, and we'd still have 27 points to play for :lol:  Promotionometer is at an 11 out of 10.

Win tomorrow then Birmingham (a) & Wigan (h) and the magic 89 points will come against Burton at St James