Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

7clear + goal difference. Lost 1 game in 13(?), 8 games to go. We'll be fine.

Picking up a lot of draws though. Still, we've a good lead over 3rd place and looking at both us and Huddersfield you'd fancy us to extend it if anything.

3rd have a game in hand so that 7 could easily be 4.  We have only won 6 in our last 13(?).  Our next two games are at home where we are weakest.  We should be worried.

/stats

3rd have a game in hand so that 7 could easily be 4.  We have only won 6 in our last 13(?).  Our next two games are at home where we are weakest.  We should be worried.

/stats

You must hate life.

I'm not comfortable at all, like. In the last couple of months we've been extremely reliant on grabbing goals against the run of play and then seeing the game out. Against shit like Wigan and Burton I can easily see us playing ourselves into trouble in our own half early instead of taking the game to them.

Huddersfield have only won 2 of their last 5 and were hammered this weekend so they should be worried as well. I don't think their game in hand could easily be a win either. Away to Wolves could be tough enough for them.

I'm not comfortable at all, like. In the last couple of months we've been extremely reliant on grabbing goals against the run of play and then seeing the game out. Against shit like Wigan and Burton I can easily see us playing ourselves into trouble in our own half early instead of taking the game to them.

You must hate life.  What, with the way you are thinking logically about this.

I wish we could have confidence in the players rather than looking at the points gap and saying Huddersfield aren't likely to catch us. They won't if we start winning games again.

/stats

Hudddersfield will be 4 points and a massive goals difference swing behind us if they win their game in hand and they'll have to make those points and goals up in 8 games.  They've made up 3 points on us over the last 10 games.

Guest neesy111

Been a season of 2 half's for us.  1st half most of performances were good.  2nd half very scrappy.

Guest neesy111

We should still go up, but performances are becoming a worry and we are relying more on other teams poor form.

Look like we've ran out of ideas and could go either way, banking on Hudderfield to keep dropping points seems totally absurd.

0 if we get in the play-offs.

I think you'll find it's the other way around, Huddersfield are banking on us dropping points.

Been a season of 2 half's for us.  1st half most of performances were good.  2nd half very scrappy.

:thup: that's how I've seen it. We should limp over the line, but I really thought after the Brighton and Huddersfield wins we'd stroll this.

It's almost like the manager saw it coming.

Look like we've ran out of ideas and could go either way, banking on Hudderfield to keep dropping points seems totally absurd.

0 if we get in the play-offs.

I think you'll find it's the other way around, Huddersfield are banking on us dropping points.

More along the lines of if we draw against Wigan and Burton at home (for example) then relying on Huddersfield to not take advantage seems too optimistic.

Likewise not taking advantage of them dropping points when we had Bristol City and Birmingham to play.

It's almost like the manager saw it coming.

Club could have bought their way out of trouble, manager could have managed his way out of trouble. Neither has happened.

Still confident we'll go up automatically by by Christ we're making heavy weather of it. Seeing Huddersfield get spanked last night this feels like 2 points dropped, a win today and we're laughing with the rest under pressure to keep pace. We're a steamroller and it's got us top of the league but it's not going to work every week.

A shit result which could result us losing top spot, however we are still a point better off than the 3rd placed team. Ok that could have and should have been better, but gaining points on them has to go down as plus.