Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Must say, since its most likely we're going up now, I'm going to some kind miss the coverage of us in the Championship. Don't get me wrong, I want us in the Premier League, we as a club need to be back there and get away from this one but it's been a refreshing and sometimes frustrating year in this league.

We've been the big boys and everyone's chasing us. And I like being different this year. The EFL coverage has been nice and I'm going to enjoy (hopefully) our remaining games on Sky. That intro Sky has for the Live games gets me so pumped up especially the aerial shot of SJP. Enjoy it while it lasts and hoping we're back up next season. It's only enjoyable here for a season.

I've loved this season; it hasn't been pretty for a large percentage, but fucking hell. Every week - and really, truly caring again - has felt like a gift and I desperately hope it isn't taken away from us in the summer. Any debate about Rafa's tactics is fair, but he's rejuvenated the support and that's the real feat here.

If he leaves in shitty unjust circumstances I think it'd be one of the most gutting things in my life to date. Newcastle means everything to me and I dunno if there'd be any way back for me if it happened. What would be the point?

I've loved this season; it hasn't been pretty for a large percentage, but f***ing hell. Every week - and really, truly caring again - has felt like a gift and I desperately hope it isn't taken away from us in the summer. Any debate about Rafa's tactics is fair, but he's rejuvenated the support and that's the real feat here.

If he leaves in shitty unjust circumstances I think it'd be one of the most gutting things in my life to date. Newcastle means everything to me and I dunno if there'd be any way back for me if it happened. What would be the point?

:thup:

Find myself absolutely buzzing days before a match whereas under previous regimes I wouldn't give a flying fuck about who we were playing/what our score was. Long may it continue.

It's just being away from the drama and cliches of the Premier League that's been really refreshing. No doubt I've missed us being among the big boys but everytime we've been mentioned on SSN or any Sky games, it feels like we're doing alright even if we're a league down. But I've really enjoyed it and like I said, before we're thrown back to the wolves next season, enjoy the ride as the big dog in the yard for now. Ffs I sound like a Wrestlemania promo for tonight.

It's just being away from the drama and cliches of the Premier League that's been really refreshing. No doubt I've missed us being among the big boys but everytime we've been mentioned on SSN or any Sky games, it feels like we're doing alright even if we're a league down. But I've really enjoyed it and like I said, before we're thrown back to the wolves next season, enjoy the ride as the big dog in the yard for now. Ffs I sound like a Wrestlemania promo for tonight.

I was actually gonna mention that in my previous post, but started romanticising about Rafa and forgot to say so. :laugh:

Being away from the Premier League - and being rejuvenated in general - it's actually made me enjoy football on the whole a lot more this season. There's loads of bullshit in that top league (obviously), but for the first time in years I've really enjoyed following it - even though it won't be a season that lives long in the memory.

I watch MotD whenever I can, I read Guardian football every day, I listen to podcasts, I look forward to Monday Night Football; Spurs have been good to watch, Liverpool too, and I've kinda enjoyed the drama with Leicester. The Wenger stuff is ridiculous but has become quite entertaining and I feel like I can empathise with the Arsenal fans. West Ham and the stadium farce was a good lol. Conte is likeable. Klopp too. Kante is a joy. Loads of things... basically, I've felt a real return to being a football fan over the past twelve months, and long may it continue.

Again, it's basically entirely down to Rafa.

Must say, since its most likely we're going up now, I'm going to some kind miss the coverage of us in the Championship. Don't get me wrong, I want us in the Premier League, we as a club need to be back there and get away from this one but it's been a refreshing and sometimes frustrating year in this league.

We've been the big boys and everyone's chasing us. And I like being different this year. The EFL coverage has been nice and I'm going to enjoy (hopefully) our remaining games on Sky. That intro Sky has for the Live games gets me so pumped up especially the aerial shot of SJP. Enjoy it while it lasts and hoping we're back up next season. It's only enjoyable here for a season.

I have thought that about the intro on Sky, SJP looks class on it. I will be taking a keen interest in the Championship next year as it's going to be very competitive.

I have thought that about the intro on Sky, SJP looks class on it. I will be taking a keen interest in the Championship next year as it's going to be very competitive.

You mean a keen interest in the mackems floundering around near the bottom of a "shit pub league"

You mean a keen interest in the mackems floundering around near the bottom of a "shit pub league"

IF they go down they have their work cut out, the play off teams are all good, then you have to consider that Villa should be there after a pre season under their belt as well as maybe Norwich too. Then you have the other two PL teams who go down. Hope we go up soon so I can enjoy the play off race and play offs themselves.

IF they go down they have their work cut out, the play off teams are all good, then you have to consider that Villa should be there after a pre season under their belt as well as maybe Norwich too. Then you have the other two PL teams who go down. Hope we go up soon so I can enjoy the play off race and play offs themselves.

Fulham and Reading will stink out the play offs.

I think the League 1 and League 2 play offs will be more entertaining.

I would bet on Fulham to win them, they played us off the park at SJP and are second highest scorers in the league. Would be happy for them, Leeds or Sheff Wed to to go up. Don't want them small time cunts Reading to go up.

Fulham and Reading will stink out the play offs.

I think the League 1 and League 2 play offs will be more entertaining.

What a weird comment.

For me the playoffs actually looks quite interesting this season, of only because Leeds are involved. I don't particularly like them, but a former big club always brings some juice to the party, and the other sides have been impressive at different times this season.

I like Fulham, play some good football.

I like Craven Cottage as well, in a nice area and it's got a certain charm to it, rather than a soulless shell of a stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Guest neesy111

I like Fulham, play some good football.

I like Craven Cottage as well, in a nice area and it's got a certain charm to it, rather than a soulless shell of a stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Proper football ground Craven Cottage.  Rather go to that than Stoke or Boro flatpacks any day of the week.

I'm shocked Norwich still haven't replaced Alex Neil looking at Huddersfields next game , could of still made the play offs

Think they're waiting to appoint a new sporting director before announcing a new manager but they've missed out on Rowett because of the wait.

Pards is still available I guess

For me the playoffs actually looks quite interesting this season, of only because Leeds are involved. I don't particularly like them, but a former big club always brings some juice to the party, and the other sides have been impressive at different times this season.

Sheff Wed v Leeds could be a tasty encounter with all fans on the peeve all day, woeful police and Leeds being chockablock with bellends.

Guest neesy111

Sheff Wed v Leeds could be a tasty encounter with all fans on the peeve all day, woeful police and Leeds being chockablock with bellends.

God, that has potential to ruin south Yorkshire police

Sheff Wed were a big club themselves back in the day. The Leeds fans were bursting a blood vessel at the prospect of playing us at Elland Road, can't imagine what the atmosphere would be like in a local derby full of Yorkshire twats.

We could seal promotion at home to Leeds on Good Friday. It's unlikely, but it's the earliest we could do it.

If we win our next three (Burton (h), Sheff Wed (a), Leeds (h)) and Huddersfield, Reading and Leeds are not on at least 75 points - we'll be up.

If we win those three games, we'll be promoted unless:

Leeds win both of their next two Brentford (a), Preston (h).

Huddersfield would need at least 4 points from Norwich (h), Forest (a), Preston (h).

Reading would need at least 2 points from Blackburn (h), Norwich (a), Villa (a).

Fulham would need to win all three of their next games Derby (a), Ipswich (h), Norwich (a).

We'd technically be promoted on the Saturday though, because Reading don't play Villa until then. But if they lose both of their next two, then we'd be up after the Leeds game.

Sunday boredom led to this.

Not worried about Reading at all like, despite them moving to third today. Maximum amount of points they can get is 91, we only need 10 more points from 7 games to stay above them.