Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems like a needless risk not getting anyone else in like. Find it very hard to believe their wasn't a loan option available who isn't at least par with 2 regular starters in the team. Disappointing but I don't think (and hope) it won't prove an oversight.

Lets bare in mind Brightons best transfer was making Murrys loan a permanent deal for £3mil. Sheff Wed signed Jordan Rhodes, And Leeds got Mo Barrow.

Its hardly like everybody strengthened their squad to well above our means. 10 for top 2, and 8.5 for the league.

#InRafaWeTrust

#InRafaWeTrust

That's the point you dweeb. Rafa's judgment should be trusted implicitly and he thought we needed new additions in this window.

He's not saying #InRafaWeTrust for the transfer window. He's saying #InRafaWeTrust for the rest of the season. Seeing as this is a thread about our promotion chances.

At least that's how I read it.

Precisely :thup:

Ron just being captain know it all, when he actually knows fuck all.

Rafa might not have his 2 signings, but he's hardly going to collapse under the mighty weight of Glenn Murrays transfer fee and blow our promotion chances. Brighton fans probably think they have wasted the window and possibly been in meltdown had we got Townsend.

Still a 10, but I do see that at least it's now not a foregone conclusion. But we've got Shelvey, Diame, Gayle and Atsu coming back into the reckoning. We'll take some stopping imo, and I still don't see any other teams with the depth we have.

Oh good, Brighton brought up again to defend our failures.

If they are the strongest competition then it's pretty relevant  :lol:

Using Brighton and Hove Albion to defend the fact we've once again failed to sign players we needed. It's pathetic. They're up regardless, anyway. We'll have to wrap Shelvey and Gayle in cotton wool to join them and we shouldn't be putting ourselves in that position.

And I know people will say 'oh but how many Championship clubs.....' bollocks. We got out of this league with ease last time because we basically (with a couple of exceptions) had a Premier League Xl for the second half of the season.

Brighton have been a work in progress for a few years now and have continued on from last season - they've only lost 3 this season (5 last), they're a very solid side. The reason we needed to strengthen was because we've been in the league half a year and had to patch together a squad in 1 window. We were never going to get everything right in one go.

Using Brighton and Hove Albion to defend the fact we've once again failed to sign players we needed. It's pathetic. They're up regardless, anyway. We'll have to wrap Shelvey and Gayle in cotton wool to join them and we shouldn't be putting ourselves in that position.

And I know people will say 'oh but how many Championship clubs.....' bollocks. We got out of this league with ease last time because we basically (with a couple of exceptions) had a Premier League Xl for the second half of the season.

Why are they up regardless despite being only 2 points ahead of us?

Would we not have had to do the same had we signed Townsend?

So Brighton, who are two points ahead of us, are up but it sounds like we're going to be lucky according to you. Doesn't make much sense to me.

It's the 3 consecutive away games against Brighton/Reading/Huddersfield in February/March that worry me, we can get away with Shelvey or Gayle for 1 or 2 games against lower Championship level but if either or both missed any of them 3 I struggle to see us getting a win.

Do you not think we'll go up automatically Ronny?

I think we will, yeah. I'm just far from certain of it. We could've pretty much eliminated the risk factor with a couple of additions (who'd also have been useful next season) in the window and we didn't.