Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We just need to keep calm, pay minimal attention to what's going on around us, and concentrate on ourselves.

:thup:

You end up demented if you keep checking on the results of our promotion rivals every weekend.

Two defeats over the next 5 games could easily see us in a play off place, and two defeats are not beyond the realms of possibility given we are up against Brighton, Huddersfield, and Reading over the next 5 matches.

They're all away; as crazy as it sounds, I'm more confident with us getting 9 points from them away as I am if they were at home. We have either the best or second best away record in all English leagues iirc.

Two defeats over the next 5 games could easily see us in a play off place, and two defeats are not beyond the realms of possibility given we are up against Brighton, Huddersfield, and Reading over the next 5 matches.

They're all away; as crazy as it sounds, I'm more confident with us getting 9 points from them away as I am if they were at home. We have either the best or second best away record in all English leagues iirc.

Our home form isn't exactly shabby mind. :lol: 9 wins out of 12 since we lost to Wolves.

We obviously want to do well in the 3 coming away games but lets not forget that both Brighton and Huddersfield also have tough games left to play, even though they don't come 3 in a row. 5-6 points would be a decent to good return from these three Imo. Saying that, let's take it game by game, which I'm not very good at :lol: At least Rafa is :thup:

As long as it doesn't get too tight between us and 3rd, because I really don't trust us under pressure..

If Gayle picks up where he left off goal scoring wise we should be OK. Over the last few months we've had to cope without Shelvey and/or Gayle for quite a few games. Also the players who were away at the ACON. We've managed to stay top or a couple of points behind through that time. Hopefully with a near full strength squad and no cup games we'll see it through.

Huddersfield are making me f***ing nervous  :weep:

They are in great form atm, but they won't go like this for the rest of the season.

Huddersfield have got to be taken seriously now. They have proven pretty consistent, not only did they beat us at St James, they also held Man City yesterday in the cup. They are tough, resilient, and have a good manager. I'm glad about that 5 points lead now.

They are in great form atm, but they won't go like this for the rest of the season.

Huddersfield have got to be taken seriously now. They have proven pretty consistent, not only did they beat us at St James, they also held Man City yesterday in the cup. They are tough, resilient, and have a good manager. I'm glad about that 5 points lead now.

I do take them seriously, but it's not like we have to win every game to keep the distance between us. They will hit another blip or two like most teams (even if only minor ones). If we play at the level we can and don't get too complacent and keep our most important players available then we'll go up.

I do take them seriously, but it's not like we have to win every game to keep the distance between us. They will hit another blip or two like most teams (even if only minor ones). If we play at the level we can and don't get too complacent and keep our most important players available then we'll go up.

Well I still think we'll go up automatically as well, I'm not going to lie though, I am looking over our shoulder now.