Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trust me, so am I to be totally honest :lol: This is Newcastle after all.. Just trying to use my head a little bit when saying that they won't keep this run going for the rest of the season. It's ours to lose simply put. If we do our job we'll 100% go up, but yeah, it doesn't always go like we wish.. :lol:

Win the next 2 and we're on 72 points after 33 games.  Arguably we then only need 20 points from 13 games to go up.  Maybe 24 points to guarantee it, but I think it'd be unlikely if 92 points wasn't enough - 96 would be a virtual certainty.

Some huge games coming up in the Championship over the next 9 days, but Sky are going overboard massively advertising the wrong one.

Tuesday

Huddersfield vs Reading, not on Sky because of the Champions League television rule

Hopefully a draw here, or because they are a point behind and played a game more, if someone had to win, then Reading.

Saturday 12.30pm

Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday, Sky

A week or 2 ago we would have preferred a Sheff Wed win, but after 4 straight wins and Leeds only getting 7 points from the 18 available, Sheff Wed are in a better position now, with both on 58 points but Leeds have played a game more. Ideally a draw, but if there was a winnder i'd want it to be Leeds as they have some tough games coming up

Saturday 5.30pm

Brighton vs Reading, sky

If Reading beat Huddersfield on Tuesday then i'd probably want Brighton to win, so then 3rd and 4th will have lost a game giving us a chance to put a bit of distance to 3rd place. If Reading draw / lose to Huddersfield then i'd probably want a draw here, or if we have got 2 wins against Villa and Bristol before this match then we'd be 11/12 clear of Reading so probably wouldn't mind them winning

then obviously Brighton vs Newcastle on Sky a week on Tuesday.

Some massive games there mind and the picture will probably look a lot clearer after these games.

Guest neesy111

The reason they are advertising our game massively is that they've had little football on this weekend due to the FA cup and the Sutton vs Arsenal game is on at the same time.

The reason they are advertising our game massively is that they've had little football on this weekend due to the FA cup and the Sutton vs Arsenal game is on at the same time.

And because it directly clashes with Sutton vs Arsenal, so if you were a neutral and on the fence, you might be a bit more tempted by our game.

We have to win tomorrow,nothing else will do

why?

I wouldn't want us going into the 3 massive away games on such a tiny lead massive pressure

And also we should be winning the winnable ones not having to rely on getting results against in form teams. Villa are a travesty, we should be murdering them tomorrow.

And because it directly clashes with Sutton vs Arsenal, so if you were a neutral and on the fence, you might be a bit more tempted by our game.

No neutral worth their salt should even consider watching our game whilst the Sutton game is on.

It's got giant kill written all over it and it's on Council telly!

Guest neesy111

No neutral worth their salt should even consider watching our game whilst the Sutton game is on.

Yeah, strange statement to make.

Or more likely, game over after 10 mins in which case a fair few might switch over.

Council telly was Sky TV because a lot of council houses had satellite dishes attached to them when private houses rarely did.

Some huge games coming up in the Championship over the next 9 days, but Sky are going overboard massively advertising the wrong one.

Tuesday

Huddersfield vs Reading, not on Sky because of the Champions League television rule

Hopefully a draw here, or because they are a point behind and played a game more, if someone had to win, then Reading.

Saturday 12.30pm

Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday, Sky

A week or 2 ago we would have preferred a Sheff Wed win, but after 4 straight wins and Leeds only getting 7 points from the 18 available, Sheff Wed are in a better position now, with both on 58 points but Leeds have played a game more. Ideally a draw, but if there was a winnder i'd want it to be Leeds as they have some tough games coming up

Saturday 5.30pm

Brighton vs Reading, sky

If Reading beat Huddersfield on Tuesday then i'd probably want Brighton to win, so then 3rd and 4th will have lost a game giving us a chance to put a bit of distance to 3rd place. If Reading draw / lose to Huddersfield then i'd probably want a draw here, or if we have got 2 wins against Villa and Bristol before this match then we'd be 11/12 clear of Reading so probably wouldn't mind them winning

then obviously Brighton vs Newcastle on Sky a week on Tuesday.

Some massive games there mind and the picture will probably look a lot clearer after these games.

Personally I think Huddersfield are the only side we need to be keeping an eye on. They need to win 10 games out of the last 15, which I just can't see them doing.

The big question mark to me is the fact that Gouffran and Colback are still playing week after week and coming up against the better teams this could well be an issue - still don't understand to this day how a manager of Rafa's standing keeps playing these 2 when they offer virtually nothing and in Colback's case in certainly a liability. The next 5 games are key and the fact that these 2 will be more than likely in the starting lineup concerns me greatly. Time will tell though and we will see where we are after the Hudderfield game.

Council telly was Sky TV because a lot of council houses had satellite dishes attached to them when private houses rarely did.

For about 3 years In the early 90s

Haven't they won 9 of last 11? Why can't they repeat that?

Not sure how long you can sustain last minute winners and winning games by the odd goal, as we found out you have shit spells. Their ground is also now being used for rugby, and they tend to have a little whinge every year about the state of the pitch. Can't be easy to sustain an attractive style of football on a cut-up pitch.

I'm kinda clutching at straws, I know :lol:

I think we have to move away from this attitude that the championship is a stroll in the park just because we cruised it last time. The teams this time round seem a lot better organised and some of them are led by decent coaches from around the world. Even Mourinho has described this as a very tough Championship after Man U had a hard time against Blackburn at the weekend.

We are clear of most of them regardless, but we have to acknowledge that there is a 3 way fight for automatic promotion, and we are going to have to fight for it for a while yet. At least it's keeping it interesting/nail biting to the end.