Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think that once we leapfrog Huddersfield we'll stay at the top for the rest of the season, so long as we keep ourselves grounded, but we have the best man in charge to do that.

If we get to the top and clear by more than 3 points, I doubt anyone will catch us, but we've still got to get there, and form changes through the season, who knows we may be in a purple patch right now. Not going to count any chickens until I see 90 points on the board.

I think that once we leapfrog Huddersfield we'll stay at the top for the rest of the season, so long as we keep ourselves grounded, but we have the best man in charge to do that.

If we get to the top and clear by more than 3 points, I doubt anyone will catch us, but we've still got to get there, and form changes through the season, who knows we may be in a purple patch right now. Not going to count any chickens until I see 90 points on the board.

If we're good enough to stay top then surely we're good enough to get there?

If we're good enough to stay top then surely we're good enough to get there?

Maybe I'm thick or something but I don't understand what you are saying or what was so ridiculous to Dave ? My point, which I thought was pretty clear, is that we are not top yet, but if we do get there and clear by a few points, it's gonna be tough for any team to knock us off. But I don't want to get arrogant enough to assume that we are just going to continue winning all season long, I think this form is pretty well permanent but who knows how the season will go, the sample size is still too small at 7 games.

That's absolutely ridiculous. :lol:

What part, I write a lot of crap !

The bit about 90 points.

OK, 90 points is the target from my perspective, I'm too much of a pessimist by nature to assume anything until it happens and if we pass 90 pints we are up, I think.

That's absolutely ridiculous. :lol:

What part, I write a lot of crap !

The bit about 90 points.

OK, 90 points is the target from my perspective, I'm too much of a pessimist by nature to assume anything until it happens and if we pass 90 pints we are up, I think.

We got 102 points in 2010. West Brom were second with 91. It doesn't seem too ridiculous.

The thing you've to remember is we're playing all the so called tough teams now and winning. Look at our fixtures in October. I can see us being a few points clear by Halloween.

:lol:  Tough teams.  This is a league that the likes of Mick McCarthy and Neil Warnock dominate.  The only reason it has a reputation for being tough, physical and hard to get out of is because it's full of Proper Football Men who don't know any other way to play.

Or how to count past 30

Whats the points average for teams getting automatic promotion from the championship?  We need a graph!

The highest total points attained by the 3rd place team has been 86 (all the below refers to data since the division was rebranded "the Championship" which started in 2004/5). The average is somewhere around 82-83 mark (I don't have all the data).

For the 2nd place the lowest ever points attained was Stoke in 2006/7 who finished on 79 points, highest points for second was Burnley in 2013/14 with 93. The average points attained is 86.5

For 1st the lowest points attained was also in 2006/7 when WBA were champs with 81 points (that figure would barely make the playoffs some years), while the highest was 106 by Reading in 2005/6. Average points to win the Champ has been 92.5. 

10 and it'll take a Pardewesque losing streak to convince me otherwise. We'll probably lose a few more along the way and have some frustrating draws in the mix too but I genuinely cannot see what other team can match our form for the entire season with our strength in depth and Rafa. You know he has more tactical awareness than probably most if not all the other managers in this league combined.