Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I fucking love that there's great competition for places, in every position. Players will have to perform or they will be dropped and Rafa wont give two fucks about dropping a player if he sees that he's not good enough for the moment, for whatever reason that might be.

Most of the players sound like they are raring to go as well, and they do know that they wont last long unless they give their all.

Injuries and suspensions and all that, rotating players during a busy season with tons of games. FGTI! This is so new for us  :frantic:

That's a pretty bold statement from the Leeds board. Roofe could be a good signing (but played 2 leagues below Championship), Pablo Hernandez could be a decent loan but they've lost Cook and could lose Taylor so its a big ask for Monk to produce a play off team pretty much immediately. Their squad seems to be pretty similar to the one that struggled badly at times last season. Wonder if Monk will last the season

I'm staying at a 7, think that was a sensible call when I made, think it even more so now, starting to worry that we can't work out a way to beat the crap. Still expect us to go up and anything less than that will be a huge failure, but clear when you get beat off the team that finished 20th in the 2nd tier that it's not going to be as simple as some on here were making out.

• 2 weeks later...

Last few automatic promotion teams first 5 games:

Burnley (15/16 - 1st)      -      DDLWW

Boro (15/16 - 2nd)        -      DWDLW

Bournemouth (14/15 - 1st) - WWLLD

Watford (14/15 - 2nd)      -    WLWWW

Leicester (13/14 - 1st)    -    WDWWL

Burnley (13/14 - 2nd)    -    DWWLW

Could really do with 7 points from next 3 games to get us going. We need to sort out Sissoko sale and reinvest quickly. I am hopeful Mitro well really help, I wanna see how him and Gayle play. Poor start, must improve.

Keep reading this but given player sales we've spent fuck all.