Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: Loving the graph-off. Someone should keep that up throughout the season; really enjoyed the ones Dave did back when people cared.

As for judging the league as 'shit' after winning away at an absolutely terrible Derby side, I'd say tread carefully. Yesterday was another excellent result but it was won at a canter against the worst team we've played so far.

QPR will be another good measure of the quality of the league. Wouldn't be upset with four points from the QPR and Wolves games, with Villa and Norwich to come after that.

The same QPR that struggled against relegation candidates Blackburn? I know a QPR supporter, goes to a lot of games and he's seriously shitting it, he said the only hope he's hanging on to is our poor form down south. They can't buy a goal from open play but have been dangerous at set plays, so long as Colback isn't available to give away needless free kicks we should be fine. These are an upper midtable team at best.

:lol: Loving the graph-off. Someone should keep that up throughout the season; really enjoyed the ones Dave did back when people cared.

As for judging the league as 'shit' after winning away at an absolutely terrible Derby side, I'd say tread carefully. Yesterday was another excellent result but it was won at a canter against the worst team we've played so far.

QPR will be another good measure of the quality of the league. Wouldn't be upset with four points from the QPR and Wolves games, with Villa and Norwich to come after that.

While I'm convinced we'll win this league, I've been quite surprised how resilient a lot of teams are. We've had to defend well, and it's not like we are ripping teams apart, so I'm also going to hold off on calling all these teams shit.

Apart from the odd game last time down here (Reading home, Ipswich away mainly), it wasn't really until about February that season when we started to rip teams apart and p*ss it.

That's true, the Bristol City game this year reminded me of the Cardiff game in that last promotion season too. We've been functional to this point without pulling up any trees, which is a great sign because we'll only get stronger as the fixture list starts to stress teams squads. If we can get through this month at the top, I  think we'll start to pull away.

Apart from the odd game last time down here (Reading home, Ipswich away mainly), it wasn't really until about February that season when we started to rip teams apart and piss it.

Yep. I imagine we'll spend in January this time, too.

Still just a 7, plenty of time to implode, it'll take being at the top with a gap for me to go any higher tbh

Cant see us imploding under Rafa's leadership. We've so much depth too that when players start slacking off they can be replaced with players hungry for a place.

I don't disagree it's just a bit too early. Not too concerned about table position as of yet, just need to keep banking the points and know that with our squad we should outlast the other teams around us. It'd be nice to have a healthy gap to 3rd place going into december.

The squad depth feels like a real plus. Seems as though we have cover in every position.

Long season so we will need Rafa with a bit of rotation, and class support from the fans home and away.

Encouraging sign how many different players have scored.

Apart from the odd game last time down here (Reading home, Ipswich away mainly), it wasn't really until about February that season when we started to rip teams apart and p*ss it.

True, but it would not surprise me if someone like Shelvey is poached by desperate Premiership side in January.

While I'm convinced we'll win this league, I've been quite surprised how resilient a lot of teams are. We've had to defend well, and it's not like we are ripping teams apart, so I'm also going to hold off on calling all these teams shit.

:cheesy:

True, but it would not surprise me if someone like Shelvey is poached by desperate Premiership side in January.

"Poached"

Or, you know, Rafa might just tell then to fuck off  :lol:

"Poached"

Or, you know, Rafa might just tell then to fuck off  :lol:

If we're doing well and looking good for promotion, I can't see Shelvey fucking off to a struggling Premiership side just to get relegated again. That goes for pretty much the whole squad now, really feels like the players we got now actually wants to be here.