Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is why we fans aren't thankfully in charge of football clubs, after 2 games I had thrown in the towel on the season !! I think we are a solid 8 right now though, there's a lot more to come from this team we are in cruise control right now.  The really good thing for us is we have a very deep squad now, that'll start to become a huge factor soon as the games really start to flow. Think right now clubs with a good first 11 will be doing well, Huddersfield and Barnsley as we've had a gentle start to the season, but as we get into the 2 games a week routine, strength of squad will be tested, can see the smaller clubs dropping back, rafa's squad rotation and our strength in depth is going to help us immensely.

This is why we fans aren't thankfully in charge of football clubs, after 2 games I had thrown in the towel on the season !! I think we are a solid 8 right now though, there's a lot more to come from this team we are in cruise control right now.  The really good thing for us is we have a very deep squad now, that'll start to become a huge factor soon as the games really start to flow. Think right now clubs with a good first 11 will be doing well, Huddersfield and Barnsley as we've had a gentle start to the season, but as we get into the 2 games a week routine, strength of squad will be tested, can see the smaller clubs dropping back, rafa's squad rotation and our strength in depth is going to help us immensely.

Good post.

It's like we are only in 3rd gear, seeing out games like champions. Reckon we will only get better too, with the likes of Hayden, Mitrovic and Perez hardly featuring.

We would all like to think that our fullback positions will improve with Lazaar and Yedlin offering an attacking option.

It's all good at the moment. Wish we could play Fulham and Huddersfield again.

It's like we are only in 3rd gear, seeing out games like champions. Reckon we will only get better too, with the likes of Hayden, Mitrovic and Perez hardly featuring.

We would all like to think that our fullback positions will improve with Lazaar and Yedlin offering an attacking option.

Hayden ha played a lot and I'm not convinced with Perez in this league, but I do think we'll improve a lot over the next few months. Really looking forward to seeing Mitro and Gayle together.

At the moment I think we're winning games more due to our individual players ability and a tight back four than anything else. All of our defenders were here last season whereas our entire midfield and attack, bar shelvey and gouffran, are new signings. Once they click as a unit I think we may actually start scoring the odd goal from open play.

Hayden ha played a lot and I'm not convinced with Perez in this league, but I do think we'll improve a lot over the next few months. Really looking forward to seeing Mitro and Gayle together.

At the moment I think we're winning games more due to our individual players ability and a tight back four than anything else. All of our defenders were here last season whereas our entire midfield and attack, bar shelvey and gouffran, are new signings. Once they click as a unit I think we may actually start scoring the odd goal from open play.

I think Rafa is taking this cautiously, he knows how fragile our players have been and he knows how to build a team from the back and once the players at the front and in the middle begin to trust those behind them we'll become more expansive.

We're just building momentum, ethos and team spirit at the moment and the confidence is growing for all to see. There's bound to be hiccups along the way but with the foundations being built now they'll be less destructive when they do happen.

482f825d25f5fcdadb8ac5dbea1ec1b2.png

Us and Huddersfield are 1st and 2nd in the league, despite us both being one of the lowest in terms of shots on goal.

In fact, we've scored 10 goals from 21 shots on target.

Clinical.

I'm confident that we will but that can't stay that way. Absolutely impossible to maintain through out an entire season we'll need to create more chances as the season progresses.

:lol: Loving the graph-off. Someone should keep that up throughout the season; really enjoyed the ones Dave did back when people cared.

As for judging the league as 'shit' after winning away at an absolutely terrible Derby side, I'd say tread carefully. Yesterday was another excellent result but it was won at a canter against the worst team we've played so far.

QPR will be another good measure of the quality of the league. Wouldn't be upset with four points from the QPR and Wolves games, with Villa and Norwich to come after that.