Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draw is an OK result. We should be winning the 4 next games though and hopefully our approach to them is a bit less reactive. Murphy and Gouffran should be making way for Gayle and Atsu.

Yep, fulham, Birmingham, Burton and Wigan coming up.

Why are we due a couple of mediocre results?

The law of averages and a tough set of fixtures. I'm not trying to be Mystic Meg mind, if we win on Saturday I'll happily take it.

The next match actually looks like the hardest remaining one, given our tendency to fuck-up at home and Fulham's tendency to do alright on the road. :lol:

They'll all obviously provide tests to varying extents and it's difficult to know which version of us will turn up. These three results are terrific, and the first two performances were exemplary for different reasons. But, until Brighton, we'd been rubbish for at least 50% of the time since that 9-game streak came to an end.

I'm sure we'll be consistent enough during the remaining fixtures to ensure promotion, but I wouldn't bet against a couple of hiccups along the way. Like a random shite defeat at Birmingham or summat.

Guest neesy111

Think Fulhan, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds are our only fixtures left that we'll have to be at our best.

I think if you look who've we've struggled against this season, this will be incorrect.

Think Fulhan, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds are our only fixtures left that we'll have to be at our best.

I think if you look who've we've struggled against this season, this will be incorrect.

Well we have already lost to two of the three teams listed there. :laugh:

10 games to go.

only fulham H, sheff wed A, leeds H and cardiff A look tricky.

win the other 6 and we're up.

Yep, that's kind of how I see it. I know they can be the most dangerous, but in our last 4 games none of the opposition will have anything to play for. Cardiff have been in form (although no wins in 3) but their fans will see that as a big game and it probably will be tough.

With Barnsley, Preston, Wigan, Burton at home and Ipswich and Birmingham away you'd like to think we'd win most of those.

So if we do get something like 19 or 20 points, say 6W 1D 3L or 6,2,2 or 5,4,1 etc then that will be 96 / 97 and would mean Huddersfield would have to win 9 and draw 2 or win 10 and lose 1 of their last 11 games to pip us and that will be very unlikely.

We can basically lose 2 of our final 10 and then just match Huddersfield in their run in to gain promotion. Very strong position.

10 games to go.

only fulham H, sheff wed A, leeds H and cardiff A look tricky.

win the other 6 and we're up.

Yep, that's kind of how I see it. I know they can be the most dangerous, but in our last 4 games none of the opposition will have anything to play for. Cardiff have been in form (although no wins in 3) but their fans will see that as a big game and it probably will be tough.

With Barnsley, Preston, Wigan, Burton at home and Ipswich and Birmingham away you'd like to think we'd win most of those.

So if we do get something like 19 or 20 points, say 6W 1D 3L or 6,2,2 or 5,4,1 etc then that will be a total of 96 / 97 points and would then mean that Huddersfield would have to win 9 and draw 2 or win 10 and lose 1 of their last 11 games to pip us and that will be very unlikely.

We can basically lose 2 of our final 10 and then just match Huddersfield in their run in to gain promotion. Very strong position.

This is why decimal odds are superior in every way though. Just say "1.01 with most bookies and 1.02 with Paddy Power" and it's all so much clearer.

It would also be wrong - 1.02 is 1/50.

Beat Fulham on Saturday and I will be confident. Good point tonight after the last two results and Ritchie didn't get booked. Hopefully Gayle will start Saturday.

Are you not confident now?!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: