DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

He needs to sort his concentration/positioning out. I really like him as his energy brings so much to our team due to Ritchie's lack of pace, but this isn't the first time he's cost us in this way.

He's alright, willing runner, always makes sure he is available to help attacks on that side and does defensive work to cover for Ritchie's lack of pace. He is not super reliable defensively but his pace covers cracks. We've had plenty of worse right backs and he seems likeable and commited to the Rafa project so I like him. Certainly there is room for improvement and we should have signed cover at the least, but not the 1st priority to sign a replacement for.

If he wasn't fast he'd be fucking useless. :lol:

A bit harsh, I do like him, he works hard and clearly listens to Rafa. If we had serious ambition he would end up being back up to a far more competent player though.

I assume they would be meaning MCL in that case I wouldnt expect him back till after the October intl break at the earliest just to be safe. PCL tear would usually accompany an ACL and if the ACL is done then well him and Lejeune will be 1/2 our starting backline that got us 10th on the shelf till next year pretty much.

Still Goff is reliable and probably talked to DeAndre himself so hopefully its after the October break.

Anyways, this is a good opportunity for Manquillo and hopefully something will have clicked with him. Doubtful given what we know about him from last year but you never know.

He's not great, like. His pace bails him out a lot of the time. Could be - and should have - been easily replaced.

Probably the first one needing replaced now that #9 is sorted. Good thing there's plenty of time left...

And whoever said Manquillo will make us yearn for Yedlin was on the money too :(

He's not great, like. His pace bails him out a lot of the time. Could be - and should have - been easily replaced.

Probably the first one needing replaced now that #9 is sorted. Good thing there's plenty of time left...

And whoever said Manquillo will make us yearn for Yedlin was on the money too :(

From a practical standpoint yes but I think a #10 is needed although I dont doubt that Ayoze may show himself to be that this year. He has had spells before and then falls off so lets hope he has matured and what he has shown late last season and even today in spells, is what he is long term.

Now I do think that if we magically got Rafa to stay that he would actually stay with Yedlin/whomever longer term and look to distribute finances elsewhere. Just a gut feeling.

I don't rate him but that looked jarring and I hope he's back soon.

The goal was a far post run from deep by Alli with Ritchie (5'7"?) tracking him a yard or two behind. I don't know who is responsible for what, but it's exactly the kind of mismatch they would be looking to create. Same with Shelvey on Sanchez at the corners.

Hes a decent enough player when the plays out wide defending or going forward but anything in our box then youll always be asking questions of him. Hes somebody who could easily be replaced and should have been, if we had any money.

I don't rate him but that looked jarring and I hope he's back soon.

The goal was a far post run from deep by Alli with Ritchie (5'7"?) tracking him a yard or two behind. I don't know who is responsible for what, but it's exactly the kind of mismatch they would be looking to create. Same with Shelvey on Sanchez at the corners.

Both Rithchie and Yedlin failed to track Alli properly. Seemed like Ritchie was either slow to react or slow to get to top speed, and Yedlin may as well have been ball-watching for all the awareness he showed.

Our full backs are one of the biggest weak points in our team. Yedlin cannot defend for toffee and his distribution going forward is pretty poor also. Dummett can defend but is virtually non existent as an attacking threat with his distribution again being poor. Well done fat mike you utter cunt.