Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

We have 46 league games plus cups. We'll get injuries. We will need him sooner or later.

Yep, we've also got 4 players going to the African Nations

None of the strikers going though, right?  Maybe getting Armstrong back in January too if he doesn't extend or get another loan.

We have 46 league games plus cups. We'll get injuries. We will need him sooner or later.

None of the strikers going though, right?  Maybe getting Armstrong back in January too if he doesn't extend or get another loan.

I mean, Diame and Atsu could have a fairly direct effect on the chances of this shitehawk getting a few minutes.

I mean, Diame and Atsu could have a fairly direct effect on the chances of this shitehawk getting a few minutes.

:thup: And Lazaar if we're going to use him as a winger.

Pointless signing imo.

Yeah because who needs more than 2 strikers.

Evidently not us since mitrovic can't even get a start. Might as we'll have picked up a freebie 4th choice cover who'll never get a start than spend the relative small fortune on this joke.

Who gives a fuck about the price though. That's all we've lost and it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

I think this is a poor signing because I think he's rank, but I certainly don't think it's a pointless signing. He's backup. Ideally he never plays, but there's a long way to go and injuries can happen.

Who gives a fuck about the price though. That's all we've lost and it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

I think this is a poor signing because I think he's rank, but I certainly don't think it's a pointless signing. He's backup. Ideally he never plays, but there's a long way to go.

Could have spent that money elsewhere. £4m on a young player with his career ahead of him rather than this donkey. We paid less for Haydens didn't we? Would Anichebe or Bentenar on a free be a worse idea than dropping millions on Murphy?

I think this is a poor signing because I think he's rank, but I certainly don't think it's a pointless signing. He's backup. Ideally he never plays, but there's a long way to go.

Could have spent that money elsewhere. £4m on a young player with his career ahead of him rather than this donkey. We paid less for Haydens didn't we? Would Anichebe or Bentenar on a free be a worse idea than dropping millions on Murphy?

Yes, because they wouldn't have the right sort of attitude, are mercenaries, and don't have the record Murphy does in this league.

You know how we've been utter wank at defending (and attacking as well, tbf) set pieces for ages? It probably has something to do with our defenders never even getting challenged in training because we have been weak as piss in the air. At least Murphy is the type of striker that our defenders will be facing a lot in this division, and even if he was to do nothing else, it would have been a worthwhile investment.

We have a young striker in Armstrong, and we chose to loan him out rather than let him sit in the reserves waiting for an opportunity.

Your point about anichebe et al. is reasonable enough, but we obviously picked Murphy because we decided he had the right mentality to sit and do nowt for ages without being a negative influence on the squad. Maybe there is someone else that could've done this too, but what does it really matter if Rafa has chosen Murphy for £whatever.

Ideally you'd want that young player getting minutes though, not sitting on the bench. Easy to forget Murphy, Jesus etc were signed for the dressing room as much as anything else too, we have a fairly young squad.

Who gives a f*** about the price though. That's all we've lost and it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

Donkey? FFS.

We have proper back up in all positions, but people still moan. Weak.

Why does anyone give a shit how much we're paying for players? :lol: If Ashley was willing to sanction it that's fine by me. Rafa obviously didn't want the freebie alternatives or a young unknown quantity.

I couldn't give a shit if he doesn't get a single start or goal for the rest of the season if we go up. It's not like spaffing money on someone like Riviere. We'd already beefed up our attack. He's clearly a last resort to keep the better players on their toes. We may have paid relatively over the odds for what he is but he's fulfilling a role that's needed. We'll get over it if we're back in the Premier League and he's back on loan at Ipswich next season.

How many of the people writing him off actually went to the only game he played in so far? I went and he held the ball up well. He's been injured. Maybe he would have played more if he wasn't injured. There are a hell of a lot of games still to play. I'm sure we'll see him at some point.

Some people aren't happy unless they're moaning.

:thup: We are top of the league without getting out of second gear :lol:

Rafa knows we will get injuries and he will need to rest players, that is why Murphy is here.

Ipswich fan in work is not happy one bit. All he ever says is you buy one of our best players from the previous couple of seasons and he never even makes your bench. Reckons it's not fair that we have a few million to spunk on a back up player  ;D

nowt to stop Championship clubs taking a gamble spend loadsa wedge to gain promotion. The clubs should also question why they get small crowds in relation to what we get, also proves that these clubs are not exactly glamorous or enticing for a player to come to.