Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

I guess he has to start on merit next game doesn't he? Even if Gayle is fit.

I don't think Gayle is fit. Not 100%, he seems to be holding back, don't know if that's mental or physical, but something doesn't seem right.

I don't think Gayle is fit. Not 100%, he seems to be holding back, don't know if that's mental or physical, but something doesn't seem right.

Yep 100%

Yep 100%

Not sure I agree - at one point in the first half yesterday he chased down and slid to try and keep a ball from going out for a goal kick.

Would love to see Murphy and Gayle given a proper go though up top.

Deep in our own half and unable to hold possession, I'd say it would suit him to the ground. We've been playing balls over the top to him all season. Shouldn't be playing/starting if he's not 100%, though.

Deep in our own half and unable to hold possession, I'd say it would suit him to the ground. We've been playing balls over the top to him all season. Shouldn't be playing/starting if he's not 100%, though.

The problem isn't playing deep in our own half IMO, it's that we can't play the ball out when we get it and end up hoofing the ball long. Solano used to be brilliant at releasing Dyer and Robert when he played deep. Our football is awful in possession.

Yep 100%

He'll be lacking match fitness and sharpness and hamstrings can be notoriously difficult to fully recover from. Confidence will probably be a bit of an issue because he's probably worried about it going again. Get another match in at Birmingham and then two weeks full training before the home matches and I'd say he'll be back to his best.

Guest neesy111

How did wor Daryl play this weekend? Can't bring myself to sit through the full 90 replay just yet.

Apparently well from what I've heard.

Guest neesy111

He nearly scored a brilliant goal on Saturday from a corner, Darrow just managed to keep out his near post header.

Yeah it was a good header from him.

He nearly scored a brilliant goal on Saturday from a corner, Darrow just managed to keep out his near post header.

He's got a striker's instinct for finding the target. We might need to consider going for him and Gayle up front against some of the weaker sides.

He's got a striker's instinct for finding the target. We might need to consider going for him and Gayle up front against some of the weaker sides.

Ideally in the next 2 games but it's not going to happen.

• 2 months later...
Guest neesy111

Came in and did a good job, thanks for helping us.

He was needed as well with misstrovic being useless in front of goal.