Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Cannot believe we haven't managed to convince Messi to come be our third choice striker in the Championship.

We've signed an established Championship striker who has got 1 in 2 for Ipswich at this level despite being described as a target man. He's been signed as back-up, the back-up that we've needed. Don't see how this could turn out to be a bad signing. He'll be a bit part player who will keep Mitro on his toes.

Can't believe people aren't allowed to criticise a proven poor player. Who says he will be third choice anyway, the rotation that Rafa favours suggests he will start a lot of games. Just because we are in the championship doesn't mean we need to accept low quality.

How is he a proven poor player? :lol:

We're in the Championship for a reason, he is a good player in the Championship (that league that we are in) some people need to wake up.

He's had one good season, he has been poor everywhere else, he even managed to fail in the SPL.

Do you think Jamie Vardy is a proven shite player?

Going by Murphy's record he's been absolutely fine for 3 seasons; if he's still hitting around 1 in 3 then he should be fine here unless we've inexplicably signed him to lead the line for the rest of the season.

Cannot believe we haven't managed to convince Messi to come be our third choice striker in the Championship.

We've signed an established Championship striker who has got 1 in 2 for Ipswich at this level despite being described as a target man. He's been signed as back-up, the back-up that we've needed. Don't see how this could turn out to be a bad signing. He'll be a bit part player who will keep Mitro on his toes.

Can't believe people aren't allowed to criticise a proven poor player. Who says he will be third choice anyway, the rotation that Rafa favours suggests he will start a lot of games. Just because we are in the championship doesn't mean we need to accept low quality.

We're in the Championship for a reason, he is a good player in the Championship (that league that we are in) some people need to wake up.

He's had one good season, he has been poor everywhere else, he even managed to fail in the SPL.

Do you think Jamie Vardy is a proven s**** player?

Going by Murphy's record he's been absolutely fine for 3 seasons; if he's still hitting around 1 in 3 then he should be fine here unless we've inexplicably signed him to lead the line for the rest of the season.

He progressively moved up leagues, Murphy has failed in all except for one season.

He's a 1 in 4 striker over the course of his career thus far according to wiki.. almost exactly that in fact.

My thoughts - not an exciting name, but I'd rather him than Riviere, who is total dogshit.

He's only had one decent season in his career like, and "he scored X two seasons ago" doesn't really wash when the bloke's knocking on 34. I'm hopeful that Gayle, Mitrovic and Perez will score plenty and hopefully he'll be a rarity on the pitch, but tbh I'd rather be giving the opportunity to Armstrong in their absence. Murphy didn't score at all until November last season and hasn't scored yet this season either. He's far from a guarantee of goals even in this division.

He's only had one decent season in his career like, and "he scored X two seasons ago" doesn't really wash when the bloke's knocking on 34. I'm hopeful that Gayle, Mitrovic and Perez will score plenty and hopefully he'll be a rarity on the pitch, but tbh I'd rather be giving the opportunity to Armstrong in their absence. Murphy didn't score at all until November last season and hasn't scored yet this season either. He's far from a guarantee of goals even in this division.

?

If Murphy was our only attacking player we signed j would be pretty meh about our summer business, however we have also signed Ritchie, Gayle and kept Ayoze. Any further striker is back up and we aren't going to find a quality player who wants to be back up.

Rafa prefers experienced back up and that is absolutely fine by me.

Do you think Jamie Vardy is a proven s**** player?

He progressively moved up leagues, Murphy has failed in all except for one season.

He didn't like, he jumped from non-league straight into the Championship and averaged about 1 in 4 up until last season. Murphy has had a fairly shite career but going off the last 3 year he seems like an average Championship striker at worst.

He will, I am certain, have been chosen specifically for his style of play. Not the number of goals he has previously scored. Rafa knows what he wants, even if this guy isn't first choice of that ilk player, he is his choice. Let's see how he fits in.

Why do people automatically think he will be back up, our bids for Haller and Bas Dost show he wanted another first choice, no evidence to suggest Murphy won't be.

As I said, I think we still need another striker alongside Murphy, we're pretty short up top as we're seeing after a handfull of games.

If he's signed as a starter then I agree it's horrific :lol:

Why do people automatically think he will be back up, our bids for Haller and Bas Dost show he wanted another first choice, no evidence to suggest Murphy won't be.

:lol:

That's like saying we couldn't sign Messi, we couldn't sign Ronaldo as our first choice striker.

Let's sign Shola Ameobi instead

A) he's not going to be first choice he'll be expected to chip in at times and is capable of doing that and b) he'll have better service here than he's had before. Makes sense as a 3rd or 4th choice, he's not going to be leading the line bar a catastrophe of biblical proportions. People need to calm down.

As I said, I think we still need another striker alongside Murphy, we're pretty short up top as we're seeing after a handfull of games.

As things stand we now have Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez, Armstrong, Riviere and soon Murphy.

We aren't signing any more strikers this window.

Rivière won't feature. Armstrong will probably go on loan or not feature much. I don't think Rafa is that big a fan of mitrovic either seemed to be on the bench a lot last season under him.

I think Murphy would get quite a bit of pitch time. Rafa only likes one mobile striker up front which will be Gayle and mitrovic and Murphy would both play back up or as options to go 2 up top if we need to

As things stand we now have Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez, Armstrong, Riviere and soon Murphy.

We aren't signing any more strikers this window.

Probably not, but I'd still rather Murphy than no-one. We're short up top, Riv is awful, no idea how good Armstrong is in this league, Perez is better on the wing for me.

As long as we signed him with that in mind which I assume we did I'm fine. I don't think we're bringing him in expecting him to start ahead of Mitrovic most games and tear the league up.

Rivière won't feature. Armstrong will probably go on loan or not feature much. I don't think Rafa is that big a fan of mitrovic either seemed to be on the bench a lot last season under him.

I think Murphy would get quite a bit of pitch time. Rafa only likes one mobile striker up front which will be Gayle and mitrovic and Murphy would both play back up or as options to go 2 up top if we need to

Do you think Rafa would have been starting Daryl Murphy last season like?