Official: Callum McManaman does NOT join Newcastle United

Incognito

I'm not arguing with you on the meaning of the word, it's the context it's used, that is where I'm coming from. Lets use a more obviously example:

Mike Williamson was an average player for NUFC, but would not have been a Reasonable signing for Barcelona !!

(Names used for exaggeration purposes only please don't quote me as comparing NUFC to Barcelona, or Mike Williamson to a football player !!)

McManaman was quite highly rated at one point wasn't he? Before the Haidara thing.

He was on the edges of that amazing Wigan squad that was relegated but also won the FA Cup, his run of good form came around the final time, he played well in front of a big audience that's where this notion that he is anything comes from. His move to Brom should have been the chance to show that, that short period wasn't just a run of form, but he's failed to impress Tony Pullis and he's been hawked out to everyone despite the manager having been quoted as saying they are desperate for new signings. 

I guess we can't really take his spell at West Brom at face value. Any winger under Tony Pulis is going to struggle/not play at all. Doesn't seem like he's done anything of note since first coming into Wigan's first team. Not excited about this one

First signing I'm directly opposed to this summer. Fail to see what he brings to the squad on any level and there's bad blood anyway. Nah, don't like it one bit.

Clark had me nonplussed more than anything, Hanley was a bit of a dodgy one at the time but this cunt shouldn't be here.

I remember him being excellent in the cup final- MOTM after giving Clichy a right going over. He'll give us a nice balance on the right of Ritchie is out.

He's had two full seasons in the Championship since then and been shite.

Guest Howaythetoon

Urgh... I hope this cunt snaps a leg in training or something. Our signings this summer have been very meh in all reality. I'd fear for us if we went up, we would have to invest in serious quality.

Urgh... I hope this cunt snaps a leg in training or something. Our signings this summer have been very meh in all reality. I'd fear for us if we went up, we would have to invest in serious quality.

Genuine question, what level of players did you expect us to be able to buy this summer?