Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

I just think it's 6 million we could put to much better use. If it is to work he'll need support around him. If people don't believe that too many small players isn't a problem then I've been playing and watching a different game all my life. Out of curiosity how many believe that he is 5ft 8?

Guest ElCid

Not a good signing not premiership quality by a long way no secret that Chelsea, Everton or Bournemouth don't/didn't think he was good enough

I don't remember Victor Moses pulling up many trees at Stoke, Liverpool & West Ham either.

Lot more than this fella did though and you could see from Wigan he had some quallity - just think the money can be used towards a better player and boy do we need them or we will be in the same position in 12 months time going the other way.

I just think it's 6 million we could put to much better use. If it is to work he'll need support around him. If people don't believe that too many small players isn't a problem then I've been playing and watching a different game all my life. Out of curiosity how many believe that he is 5ft 8?

He does quite well in the air for his size, whatever that is, he's better than a lot who are much bigger than him and he doesn't seem to get knocked off the ball too often.  For the first time in a while he started to get games more regularly and his performances were good after a run of games so I really don't see any negatives at all about this if we sign him.

I hope that he plays every game next season because if he does it will be because he's earned his place, Rafa will only play who he's comfortable playing on merit, other than Colback who was given far too many games.

6m :lol: It's fuck all man, you are going to have real issues this summer if you think this signing is bad or a waste.

I mean we spent 6m on Riviere for crying out loud.

Just goes to show how downtrodden we've become under Ashley that some are concerned about such a paltry sum by current standards. £6m hasn't been a lot for years.

If it doesn't work out then so what, it's not going to bankrupt us. We need a squad, and a number of options.

It's May 15 and I'm already sick of people being surprised by transfer fees. Depending on what year you want to travel back to just divide every number you see by something between 3 and 6. 

6m :lol: It's f*** all man, you are going to have real issues this summer if you think this signing is bad or a waste.

Just goes to show how downtrodden we've become under Ashley that some are concerned about such a paltry sum by current standards. £6m hasn't been a lot for years.

If it doesn't work out then so what, it's not going to bankrupt us. We need a squad, and a number of options.

Maybe some day we might hit the lofty heights of the magic 8th and we can tell future generations of what a legendary team we had.

Not a good signing not premiership quality by a long way no secret that Chelsea, Everton or Bournemouth don't/didn't think he was good enough

I don't remember Victor Moses pulling up many trees at Stoke, Liverpool & West Ham either.

Lot more than this fella did though and you could see from Wigan he had some quallity - just think the money can be used towards a better player and boy do we need them or we will be in the same position in 12 months time going the other way.

I agree that the two of them cannot really be compared. Moses has actually had a fairly accomplished career outside of Liverpool. He's generally played and contributed when fit, even at Rafa's Chelsea. Atsu has only ever shown flashes, but there is talent there, and to me that talent is more than enough to warrant a six million pound investment. Outside of a beneficial contractual situation, it is unlikely to even acquire a decent Championship winger at that price, one who would then have to acclimatise to the squad NUFC has now. The player has found long-needed stability, it may bring out the best in him. A starting calibre left-sided player should remain a priority for Rafa, Carr, and co.

6m :lol: It's f*** all man, you are going to have real issues this summer if you think this signing is bad or a waste.

:thup:

We've been bargain hunting for so long some people still think £6m is a lot for a Premier League club signing. It's bottom end of the spectrum for squad fillers price. Double it for an average first team player and treble/quadruple it for a quality one.

The only exceptions is gambles on unknowns or raid contract clause/runs down players.

Can Tsunami f*** back off to the 1990's the absolute dinosaur.

Show me where I've advocated any support for the long ball game. If Atsu plays all season with either Anita or Yedlin at full back then we'll be in for a long long season. People have either not been to the actual games or played to any standard if they can't or simply don't want to understand my point. Either way looks like he's signing so  we'll see.

The game has definitely evolved in a way that favours smaller players over the last decade or two.

Height is only a necessity for goalkeepers and central defenders nowadays, possibly central midfielders.

Even for forwards a tall player is now an option rather than a preference with many of the world's best players being quite short.

Can Tsunami f*** back off to the 1990's the absolute dinosaur.

Show me where I've advocated any support for the long ball game. If Atsu plays all season with either Anita or Yedlin at full back then we'll be in for a long long season. People have either not been to the actual games or played to any standard if they can't or simply don't want to understand my point. Either way looks like he's signing so  we'll see.

Why are you talking about Anita?

I don't understand why people would argue over signings when it's Rafa making them like, as if they know better :lol:

There'll be a few duds like last year, but fuck knows who. Clark was absolutely slaughtered and ended up being the best defender in the league :lol: