Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Past performance is the best indicator of the future.

Vitesse player of the year and player of the tournement, in an major international tournement that is, I am sure if he can impress in Erdivise(similar quality to the championship) and a major international tournement he'll have no problem in England's second division.

Very good signing.

Vitesse player of the year and player of the tournement, in an major international tournement that is, I am sure if he can impress in Erdivise(similar quality to the championship) and a major international tournement he'll have no problem in England's second division.

Very good signing.

Only two worries I would have are his fitness, that his injury problems are behind him and he isn't too lightweight for the league. Looks a talent playing at his best. Can player across the park in midfield too which could be handy.

Played lots at Malaga the second half of last season so hopefully his injury problems are behind him.

Very good signing.

Only two worries I would have are his fitness, that his injury problems are behind him and he isn't too lightweight for the league. Looks a talent playing at his best. Can player across the park in midfield too which could be handy.

Played lots at Malaga the second half of last season so hopefully his injury problems are behind him.

Hopefully but this is Newcastle United and our players always manage to get injured our luck with injuries is atrocious.

Also going to lose him to the Cup of nations for a month or so.

Stenght won't be as big a factor if he's playing put wide. That's more a concern for the likes of Ayoze when he finds himself being marked by 6 foot + centre halfs trained to make things a physical contest on the pitch.

Someone having a dig at him

Kofi Agyeman You've started your things again at a new club? Get injured during club season but always show up at black stars camp. At least you should focus. Lazy player.

Shots fired from Ghana.

Very good signing.

Also going to lose him to the Cup of nations for a month or so.

We'll have Judge by then.

I have no idea how good he is tbh, but apparently he is supposed to be very quick and good one on one. If he's good it could prove to be a very good signing. We have some really good players for this level but not any players that are proper dribblers looking to beat his man one on one very often, especially against teams defending very deep with many players. He could prove to be a effective "door opener" for us.

I really like the thought of Atsu looking to take players on with Moroccoan beauty providing width and pace along the left hand side. If he is a player that is very good at beating people then it will give Lazaar alot of space to take advantage from. Also having an offensive LB playing almost as a winger often up in the last third will give Atsu the chance to go inside in to a more central role at times which will make it even more difficult for the opposition to defend against us as we will have more players up there. This is perfect with a natural left footed full back because when our wide player goes inside we still don't lose any width having that extra option with Lazaar up there. I have a good gut feeling about this :thup:

From the little I saw of him at Everton he's rubbish tbh. Got some pace and skills but seemed brainless and lightweight.

Seen that description chucked around too often against wingers to take it at face value. It might be a case of him fitting better in a Benitez set up than he would have under yours at the time. I think for us he'll just give us an outlet and some pace when we need it, especially on the counter. We are pretty short of that at the moment, especially after selling Sissoko.

Has to go down as quite a high risk signing, so many unknowns about him. Fingers crossed he can take championship defenders to pieces for fun.

If he's shit we can just launch him back though, right?

Yep, I just meant in terms of not having a winger for this season.

While he is a gamble in his outright self, the key thing here is having competition for positions. Aarons is rumored to be a bit of a big head and I hate the idea of him having nobody but Gouffran to fight for a spot with. Hopefully the battle between Atsu and Aarons for a place helps them both raise their game and take their chances.

Has to go down as quite a high risk signing, so many unknowns about him. Fingers crossed he can take championship defenders to pieces for fun.

If he's shit we can just launch him back though, right?

Yep, I just meant in terms of not having a winger for this season.

Ahh, gotcha :thup:

When is Aarons due back?