Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Did so much well but his final ball is basically laughable at this point. I have absolutely no confidence that he will ever score another goal at this club. Might grab a couple of assists getting in behind leaky defences.

Showing for the ball and finding space: he's done great. Genuinely, he's playing that 'in-between the lines' role as well as anybody has done since Rafa came in. But he's incapable of making a big difference in the final third.

Put him in one of the better Championship sides and he'd be a really useful weapon. But at this level... nah, he just lacks those crucial attributes.

Looked slower than he should. Yorkie has it pretty spot on. Unfortunately the best bet we have in that position tbh. He has been out of the side so long I think some continued time there will only help him grow in confidence and hopefully remember how to shoot properly. It's the best we can hope for :*(

Looked slower than he should. Yorkie has it pretty spot on. Unfortunately the best bet we have in that position tbh. He has been out of the side so long I think some continued time there will only help him grow in confidence and hopefully remember how to shoot properly. It's the best we can hope for :*(

He looks fast until he gets into a dangerous area, then he starts hesitating and stumbling to get the ball out of his feet. Classic case of a player not relishing the big game atmosphere.

Did so much well but his final ball is basically laughable at this point. I have absolutely no confidence that he will ever score another goal at this club. Might grab a couple of assists getting in behind leaky defences.

Showing for the ball and finding space: he's done great. Genuinely, he's playing that 'in-between the lines' role as well as anybody has done since Rafa came in. But he's incapable of making a big difference in the final third.

Put him in one of the better Championship sides and he'd be a really useful weapon. But at this level... nah, he just lacks those crucial attributes.

Agreed. Might even be worth converting into a left back at this point to utilize his strengths, without having to rely on him to be the provider for Rondon or whoever it may be.

The harder he kicks a football, the further away from the target it goes.

When it comes to a shot on sight of goal, he's basically every 5-a-side player, ever.

Did well tonight though in my opinion. Created space, controlled difficult passes. Best player ever, 6.5/10

He has improved significantly since Rafa decided to play him differently, finding space between midfield and defence rather than isolating his full-back. Still can't shoot so very little comes of it, but he's probably our best threat after Rondon right now.