Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

i see him as a key player for us this season...mainly because of his pace.

Rather sell Ritchie...

Done for pace a few times on Saturday by the Swansea full back a few of us noticed on Saturday. Because he's small and nippy people mistake that for raw pace which he doesn't have.

If he's a key player for us we're in trouble.

Rather sell Ritchie...

Done for pace a few times on Saturday by the Swansea full back a few of us noticed on Saturday. Because he's small and nippy people mistake that for raw pace which he doesn't have.

He is still ok fast and yes - we are in trouble.

We have also been best when he has played.

Always amazed how so many get rattled by a differ in opinion.

Yeah hes been fairly good this season. But, all I hear is championship squad and players worst in the league etc.

So again if it was a good offer, I already said I dont think any fucker is indispensable if its the right price. :lol: And Im thinking how Rafa will get players in? Hes gonna need to accumulate from somewhere if nobody buys the players he doesnt want?

Nobody would part ex with Hernandez then?

Rather sell Ritchie...

He is still ok fast and yes - we are in trouble.

We have also been best when he has played.

It's hard to disagree with what you say because the stats back you up and I'd have to agree with you and say we are better with him in the side. I just don't think he's as fast as people think, certainly there's a few times I've noticed recently where the full back has had the edge on him for pace.

Going off topic slightly, as things stand him and Murphy are our two best wingers and I found it strange that Murphy sat the Swansea game out at the expense of an out of sorts Richie.

Agree. Also agree Murphy should have replaced Ritchie with 15-20 min to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

He was absolutely terrible, and along with Yedlin seemed to think he could beat players by running into them.

Thought he was appalling tonight

Yep. Looks a bit brainless and scared to go at players. Still not having that he is fast and he never gets hold of his shots or crosses.

I think despite all of that, he is one of our better attacking players. Not saying much, granted :lol: Kenedy and Murphy should be starting ahead of him.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Atsu was a fine sub and perfect for a match like this (i.e. similar to West Ham away) he just wasn't as good and Shelvey should still have finished his admittedly under-hit pass.

• 2 months later...

http://www.nufc.com/

Atsu will miss the remainder of the season following knee surgery.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/christian-atsu-miss-rest-season-14617103

“Atsu has had an operation on his knee to be sure that he will be fine for the next year,” Benitez confirmed today.

“It wasn’t a big issue but he had some discomfort and we needed to fix the problem now to be sure that next year he is fine.”