Would you ever consider forgiving Ashley in the future if success is brought?

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The bloke can never be forgiven as he ruined the club in so many ways and has ruined it for some for good. 

As it stands he is just merely tolerated whilst the football has brought around a glimmer of hope that we are a normal club again.

The bloke brought us worldly delights such as Dennis Wise, JFK and Pardew. We've been embarrassed time after time, so there always remains a chance that something will creep out of the darkness if it creates a cash stream either directly or indirectly into his sky rocket.

He may also have finally cottoned on that good PR is worth more than he's had so far and it may be the norm from now on but for me, he can stay in the shadows.

I sometimes think of where we'd be if Fat Fred sold up to decent owner/group.

Maybe the position we were in stopped the decent owner/group being interested. I remember one or two looked at the books and ran a mile.

(How many years have I just regressed through. ? Somewhere NE5 has just had a shiver down his spine!)

forgive might not be the right word but I'd be willing to let bygones be bygones in the highly unlikely event of actual success happening. Part of me wonders if with Ashley if he had gotten a chairman/chief executive with more experience in football admin would things have gone better and Ashleys real fault is just being very bad at appointing people to handle the day to day for him.

He played a huge role in breaking my love of the club, never. He's only 'changed' because he's finally been caught and found out, just like in business.

He's a lifelong vile cunt just like Pardew, his associates and anyone who has spent time defending them in recent years.

Thing is with football now needing billionaire owners not millionaire owners, and greedy players all over, it's always going to be difficult to bring success for any owner.

Ashley had it wrong in so many ways, but you could look at what we had before with Hall, and see how we were like probably how City fans & Chelsea fans feel a bit now, Jack Walker was basically the same, he practically bought Rover's their title. Now look at Blackburn, a favourite for relegation, under Venkys a total shambles, you can see Ashley hasn't got it wrong as some.

It's difficult, you would have to say he's an honest guy if he keeps his word, he did say he would turn the club around, and invest so we didn't find ourselves in a relegation fight again, true to his word he threw a lot of cash at the squad last season, only problem was all the decisions were advised by Graham Carr, Carr earmarked all the incoming players, and McClaren. The latter being the wrong choice and us leaving it too late to save ourselves.

Only other thing Ashley claimed was any type of trophy or finishing in the champion's league places would see him see his tenure as a success, and then he would walk away.

Let's see if he can stick to that, or if that is ever achievable, would any of us reconsider wanting him gone?  I mean imagine him selling to someone worse, it could be us saddle with a Venkys type owner, would anyone want to go through another era of uncertainty?

I feel safe with Benitez, so if Charnley etc all get along, promotion is achieved, and a steady building process. I'm not to arsed about Ashley packing up. I mean the guy rarely gets involved these days.

It's possible. Long, long, long way to go for it to be a real possibility though.

Rafa and the backing he has been given is a belated, enforced, start... but equally could be false dawn #437 before he reverts to type.

As others have said, he was fairly instrumental in turning me off football so it'd have to be root and branch change from him, for a solid decade, with contrition, luck and success :lol:

What's to forgive?  :naughty:

If we are successful the majority of supporters would probably get to the point of singing his name. No different to McManaman if he came and did well. Fans are fickle.

Myself I don't see the point in negativity for the sake of negativity and holding a grudge. He's out of the circle of trust but if he earns his way back in consistently then he will have my respect for that. It seems unlikely.

One of the reasons for the success would be that he's stayed the fuck away from anything football-related. He'd wouldn't be due any credit. Meanwhile he's still a rotten cunt who ripped the club's soul out.

No.

He played a huge role in breaking my love of the club, never. He's only 'changed' because he's finally been caught and found out, just like in business.

He's a lifelong vile cunt just like Pardew, his associates and anyone who has spent time defending them in recent years.

:thup:

He'll never bring success so it's a definite no.

Everytime he looks to have things moving right he always fucks up somehow and we're worst off for it.

I said to many fans durng the season we finished fifth that past performance is the best indicator of future success (or failure in our case) and they were all like "oh but he's changed now things are different" were they fuck!

Never trust Ashley.

The fact is he is tolerated , the fans wont forgive him and nor will i, hes fucked this club up many times, relegated us twice etc etc etc his decision have brought a sadness around the place for years, killed a crowd, killed a club.

No .....never but hes here, the "other" turd that wont flush

Guest The King of Zembla

I'm always amazed by how many people quote Mike himself to make a point. "Not going 'til he's won something", "Not involved in the running of Newcastle anymore" etc... He's a shameless liar, here only to make money, and his apparent non-involvement is kayfabe only. If you believe his guff you're a gullible idiot.

As for forgiveness, only the fickle could even think about it after 10 years of being lied to, let down, humiliated and downright disrespected.

I don't hate him now. I think he's made some bad decisions... many, many bad decisions. But I don't think he's intentionally doing stuff to p*ss us off, nor do I think he doesn't care about success. I think he had a vision of how to achieve it but lacked the football knowledge to make it work, didn't surround himself with the right people, and didn't have the humility to fix the situation quickly enough.

Trying to turn a profit by selling our best players every season and either not replacing them, or replacing them with cheap French imports, wasn't done because he wants us to fail. He just had an idea of how he wanted the business side to run and under-estimated the difficulty in recruiting the right players.

I think bouncing back from the first relegation and then the 5th place finish might have made him think he was on the right track, that he could always find a Demba Ba to buy or an Andy Carroll to promote and keep us ticking over, but the unmistakable downward trend and the risk of us becoming a yo-yo club (particularly at a time of increased TV revenues) has finally over-shadowed the minor successes and forced him to change his game plan.

He's not a vindictive c*** in my view. I feel like I can see what he was trying to do. He's just not a football man in any shape or form... and he certainly isn't like us as fans.

:clap: :slowclap: my thoughts exactly

"You don't know just how nasty we can be."

f*** him, and all his dodgy used car salesman looking cronies. Hope they all s*** pineapples for the damage they've done to this club. We've just been relegated for a 2nd time under his watch and people are talking about forgiving him ffs :lol: