Queens Park Rangers 0 - 6 Newcastle United - Post :fwap: reaction from page 37

BlueStar

After that horrendous start, we really needed these 5 league wins, now we're up there where we need to be and there's less pressure on us. Good thing is that it won't mean we're taking the foot off the gas with Rafa here.

Amazing result - no sign of that materializing during the game at Derby but very welcome and will send a tremor of fear through the rest of the Champ...haven't seen any of the game apart from Shelvey's cracker but this result can only be a sign of a strong squad after the changes Rafa made.

The club have never had such a huge away win in most of our lifetimes....fantastic stuff.

No complacency now v Wolves...they are likely to try and park the  bus after this.

I think it was mainly because of how well we played, how balanced the team was and just them being in shock, really.  But MY WORD (Ray Wilkins), they looked horrendous.  Could barely do the basics right and looked s*** scared after about 15 minutes. 

Don't want to take away anything from us, though.  10-0 wouldn't have flattered us and they could have had no complaints.  It was the most dominant game I've seen from us in my lifetime.  We must have had about 30 shots and wasted some really good openings, too. 

Shelvey MOTM.  Hayden or Perez would have got it on any other day.

I always appreciated his no-bullshitting in interviews while taking over at Real Madrid, but that got him in real trouble at that place. Wish more managers were like that.

Why did that get him in real trouble?

He antagonized the Madrid press from day one. You need a decent amount of bullshitting to survive in the often toxic media environment there.

Plus he didn't blame referees or unloyal players when results soured, unlike some other former Chelsea manager...