Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - 24/09/2016 @ 17:30 - Live on Sky

Need to be aware that they'll see it as a chance to rejuvenate their season, similar to wolves reaction to a big loss. We're seen as a bigger side, its their chance to prove to themselves they've got it. So they'll be up for the game.

Saying that, Rafa comes across as very methodical & will tactically set us up smartly. So you have to believe we can get the results when needed.

Need to be aware that they'll see it as a chance to rejuvenate their season, similar to wolves reaction to a big loss. We're seen as a bigger side, its their chance to prove to themselves they've got it. So they'll be up for the game.

Saying that, Rafa comes across as very methodical & will tactically set us up smartly. So you have to believe we can get the results when needed.

We aren't. That horrible lot still think they are superior to us in every aspect despite having to close section of there ground

I want to see us smash these in their own back yard if not just to see that one guy with the banners sobbing. Revelled in sending us down last time and dusted off the banners last time for "bantz" :anguish: when they were already down, so small time. Fuck villa and their shitty club, shitty fans and dick head of a chairman, hope he loses the plot.

I want to see us smash these in their own back yard if not just to see that one guy with the banners sobbing. Revelled in sending us down last time and dusted off the banners last time for "bantz" :anguish: when they were already down, so small time. f*** villa and their shitty club, shitty fans and dick head of a chairman, hope he loses the plot.

Well said. Like a horrible brummie version of the mackems

Sels

Yedlin  Mbemba  Lascelles  Dummett

Shelvey      Hayden

Ritchie              Gayle            Gouffran

Mitrovic

What I'd go with, amazed as I am to be choosing Gouffran.

Really don't want to see Gayle up top on his own, think he could flourish playing off Mitro.

It will be that with Diame in for Mitrovic I reckon.

I fear you may be right, like I said I'm done with Gayle leading the line alone. It basically assures that we'll be unable to do anything other than try and hit them on the counter.

It's a far bigger game for them than it is for us. If we win, they're miles behind. If we lose, it'll be a dent but still in a good position.

There will be distance up to the top 2 if we lose this, need a win or at worst a draw.

If they score first I reckon we'll lose or draw at best - we are not good at overcoming a deficit and they will see this game as a chance both to peg us back and to kick-start their season. We could well do with winning this and if we lose the rest of the division will start asking questions about how good we really are....

If they score first I reckon we'll lose or draw at best - we are not good at overcoming a deficit and they will see this game as a chance both to peg us back and to kick-start their season. We could well do with winning this and if we lose the rest of the division will start asking questions about how good we really are....

On the flipside, if we equalise I'd back us to win the game. Villa are good going forward but look brittle mentally and have a habit of sitting on a lead rather than killing the game off.

It's a far bigger game for them than it is for us. If we win, they're miles behind. If we lose, it'll be a dent but still in a good position.

There will be distance up to the top 2 if we lose this, need a win or at worst a draw.

4 points would be good from villa and Norwich. We have a very favourable run of fixtures through October and November, on paper at least. No need to panic at all at this stage even if we have another loss out our next 2 games.