Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - 24/09/2016 @ 17:30 - Live on Sky

Villa fans on their forum think we will go there and attack them, which will suit them better. If anything I expect it to be the other way around. This rivalry between both clubs seems to be getting bigger as well, their forum is slating us. 😀

What exactly are they slating us about?

At a guess, 'deluded jawdees'.

Always my favourite insult at us that. Like having any ambition to do better or match what we have done in the past  s a bad thing

Thing is when you question anyone saying that it's the same old s**** "expect to be in the Champions League every season".

Yeah of course we do, that's why we get 52,000 in the Championship. It just doesn't make sense.

The disturbing thing or me is if we lose that means we've lost 4 games from 9 that in anyone's eyes is pretty piss poor for a team looking to finish top. Huddersfield and Norwich have lost 1. We only lost 4 in 46 last time in this division, oh and burton Albion have lost 3 at the moment same as we have

Not good to lose 4 out of 9

Villa fans on their forum think we will go there and attack them, which will suit them better. If anything I expect it to be the other way around. This rivalry between both clubs seems to be getting bigger as well, their forum is slating us. 😀

What rivalry? Honestly haven't got a clue what they get so wound up about, the midlands isn't so bad. Well the part their fans come from is, but still, what's that got to do with us?

The disturbing thing or me is if we lose that means we've lost 4 games from 9 that in anyone's eyes is pretty p*ss poor for a team looking to finish top. Huddersfield and Norwich have lost 1. We only lost 4 in 46 last time in this division, oh and burton Albion have lost 3 at the moment same as we have

I get where you are coming from, we've taken too many losses already, but we are still trying to figure a few things out in my mind. We need to first and foremost work out how to approach games, the way we set about things at QPR as opposed to Derby and Bristol was completely different, we got spectacular results from the approach at QPR but at the same time we were efficient and came away with the result we needed at Derby and Bristol playing in a completely different manner.

We got it wrong at Fulham by being too negative, Huddersfield are a good team that took their chances at SJP, for me the Wolves was the most disappointing as that was a game we should have won comfortably, a self inflicted defeat down largely to the way we were set up and the personnel choices.

We can batter teams in this division, we have the quality to do that as we showed against QPR but sometimes you have to be a little cautious and conservative. Since the Fulham game, Rafa has got our away setup right each time, we are probably ahead of the objective away from home 3 wins out of 4 is an excellent return. I honestly didn't expect us to lose more than 2 games all season at home before the season started especially when we factored in how dominated we were at the tail end of last season on our own patch against superior opposition. So the home form is a bit of a concern right now.

Rafa needs to take what is was that made the QPR game so good and translate that into a way we can play at SJP moving forward and keep doing what he is doing away from home.

On paper this was always the toughest month of our fixture list, I'll be more than happy if we come out of it in the top two, if we win the next two games (which we are more than capable of) that's a guarantee and I think we are on schedule.

We're not doing draws at the moment which is no bad thing, and 15 points from 8 could come through 4 wins and 3 draws which would probably have been considered a more impressive start.

I think the next two are massive and will certainly be tough, but before the season started I'd have taken top 6 at the beginning of October when I saw August/September's fixtures.

I want a bit more than that now but still think if we're top 4 or 5 after September we can push on from there.

The disturbing thing or me is if we lose that means we've lost 4 games from 9 that in anyone's eyes is pretty p*ss poor for a team looking to finish top. Huddersfield and Norwich have lost 1. We only lost 4 in 46 last time in this division, oh and burton Albion have lost 3 at the moment same as we have

I get where you are coming from, we've taken too many losses already, but we are still trying to figure a few things out in my mind. We need to first and foremost work out how to approach games, the way we set about things at QPR as opposed to Derby and Bristol was completely different, we got spectacular results from the approach at QPR but at the same time we were efficient and came away with the result we needed at Derby and Bristol playing in a completely different manner.

We got it wrong at Fulham by being too negative, Huddersfield are a good team that took their chances at SJP, for me the Wolves was the most disappointing as that was a game we should have won comfortably, a self inflicted defeat down largely to the way we were set up and the personnel choices.

We can batter teams in this division, we have the quality to do that as we showed against QPR but sometimes you have to be a little cautious and conservative. Since the Fulham game, Rafa has got our away setup right each time, we are probably ahead of the objective away from home 3 wins out of 4 is an excellent return. I honestly didn't expect us to lose more than 2 games all season at home before the season started especially when we factored in how dominated we were at the tail end of last season on our own patch against superior opposition. So the home form is a bit of a concern right now.

Rafa needs to take what is was that made the QPR game so good and translate that into a way we can play at SJP moving forward and keep doing what he is doing away from home.

On paper this was always the toughest month of our fixture list, I'll be more than happy if we come out of it in the top two, if we win the next two games (which we are more than capable of) that's a guarantee and I think we are on schedule.

don't see what all the fuss is regarding how many defeats we have its points that are important, and we are only two behind Norwich.

Agree with some, disagree with some. Against Derby Diame pushed quite far on with Gayle, seemed more of a 4-4-1-1 than 4-2-3-1, QPR seemed the same formation with players better suited to it.

We can batter teams etc...we should only be cautious and conservative in games when we think the opposition can match us, we don't have to go all out, just do what we are good at and let them combat us instead of worrying about the opposition (it's a throwback to Fat Sam).

Intrigued to see who will make the starting line up after the contrasting results in the two games against Wolves. Gouffran will come in, but I suspect the team won't be that much different to the one that lost on Saturday.