Newcastle United v Preston North End (League Cup) - 25/10/16 at 19:45 (no UK TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

We should be able to play two different 11's that are capable of beating Preston, so I'm not too bothered by the team. Especially as they are likely to rotate too, so we wont even be up against their best team.

Only way we'll not win this is if they have the game of their life.

Well they beat Bournemouth away in the last round so I guess it is possible.

We should be able to play two different 11's that are capable of beating Preston, so I'm not too bothered by the team.

We could probably play two different 11's in the championship and finish 1st and 2nd tbh.

Having a quick look at there forum it seems there recent improvement is as a result of them scoring more from set pieces. There percentage of having the ball, scoring from open play remains poor. Feeling more confident but we've been here before.

We've been more solid away from home so far this season, so this could be a bit tricky, esp. if they beat Bournemouth away last round.

I hope it's a high priority for Rafa and he picks the team accordingly.

Having a quick look at there forum it seems there recent improvement is as a result of them scoring more from set pieces. There percentage of having the ball, scoring from open play remains poor. Feeling more confident but we've been here before.

Does that not read worse for us? Scoring from set pieces is the best chance most teams have against us. Even Norwich* and Barnsley didn't look too dangerous against us in open play.

*I know Norwich scored 3 like :lol: but they never created much.

Just imagine getting to quarter final and a good draw

Would be amazing. As long as we play at home i don't really care that much if we play a PL team. I'd rather not but sooner or later we'll have to face one, and hopefully that'll be at home.

Chelsea, Liverpool away it is then..

Just imagine getting to quarter final and a good draw

Would be amazing. As long as we play at home i don't really care that much if we play a PL team. I'd rather not but sooner or later we'll have to face one, and hopefully that'll be at home.

Chelsea, Liverpool away it is then..

Can't wait to play a PL league team personally, so we can test our progress since last season. I know we aren't top notch but we have enough about us to KO probably anyone from the top 6 down. Maybe even them on a good day.

Any news on attendance as the box office is about to close?

Not as many as it could have been due to those total shitheads from Preston.

Also should have allowed cash turnstiles in Leazes level 7 because that will be empty tonight as Preston only bringing 1,000.

Preston only bringing 1k as well. Wonder if their manager, Simon Grayson, still believes that remark he made when he was managing Leeds in league One and we were supposedly interested in signing Jermaine Beckford off them. He said it would be a step down for him leaving League One Leeds to sign for Premier League Newcastle United. Always thought of him as a bit of a tit since then.

Worst wankers in the world, ah hate them sur much.