League Cup Quarter Final Draw - Hull City (a) - to be played w/c 28th Nov

Figures 1-0 Football

Next round is week beginning Nov 28, so between Blackburn (h) and Forest (a) for us.

The teams in Europe will play in it the preceding midweek. Man City play Chelsea in the Prem on Dec 3, so a good chance that one or both will field a rotated team next round if they get through tonight. It's nice and congested at the top of the Prem, which raises the question of priorities for the teams up there.

Easy draw at home, if possible!

Next round is week beginning Nov 28, so between Blackburn (h) and Forest (a) for us.

The teams in Europe will play in it the preceding midweek. Man City play Chelsea in the Prem on Dec 3, so a good chance that one or both will field a rotated team next round if they get through tonight. It's nice and congested at the top of the Prem, which raises the question of priorities for the teams up there.

Easy draw at home, if possible!

So our match will definitely be the Tuesday what with Forest being on the Friday!

If we are serious about winning the whole thing we should hope to get Arsenal or Liverpool knowing they are more likely to play their reserves now than in the later rounds.

:lol:  Weird logic.  I'd rather they drew each other and we got someone shit.

Ultimately though you would then get one of the big clubs who will be confident because they beat the others en route.

We would have no chance against Liverpool or Arsenal in the final.

However against Southampton? Maybe.

No double-headers available this round after Wolves and Preston. The closest we could get is Leeds, having played them at Elland Road one weekend earlier.

Would like Leeds at home. Good atmosphere and a fitting way to mark the fifth anniversary of the loss of Gary Speed, which would be the Sunday before the game.

Chelsea or West Ham away I reckon. We won't get Sunderland for the simple reason the draw is rigged.

Might be tempting fate but not sure the mackems will get through. If they do there could be a few derbies (-ish) in the next round:

Arsenal v  Chelsea

Newcastle v Sunderland

Man U v Liverpool

Leeds v Hull

I actually don't care. I'd love to get am easy draw and win and go to a semi final, but wouldn't mind getting one of the Premier League teams either. Sure, we're an entirely different team compared to last year, but let's not forget that Benitez got us some really good results against the top clubs in the league last year. Not saying we will beat any of the top teams, but think we can go anywhere and give them a game. Getting a Premier League team at home I think would almost guarantee breaking that league cup club attendance record.

A game against a PL side would be a good test. Be interesting to see how we handle it. You would like to think we are a different beast now. Playing a PL side when full of confidence and from in this league will help with that on top of the Rafa effect.

If we are serious about winning the whole thing we should hope to get Arsenal or Liverpool knowing they are more likely to play their reserves now than in the later rounds.

:lol:  Weird logic.  I'd rather they drew each other and we got someone shit.

No it makes perfect sense.

You want a "big" side at home....why?

Do you really think we could beat a Man City /Liverpool/Arsenal over a two legged semi final or a one off quater at home?