Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

tonight should go down as a warning to other clubs in the prem to avoid relegation at all costs, because your stuck here with garbage opposition, and trying to overcome amateur officiating to get out of it.

Just in from work (pleased I wasn't in the pub watching that) and whizzed through the first half incidents.

Yes the Clarke foul was a pen and probably a yellow.

Yes the Yedlin cross was a penalty, you can't have your arms out that far when not trying to create momentum and claim ball to hand.

Shelvey was a red but will there be any retrospective on Lansbury as he kicked out first.

Dummet's wasn't even a foul.

Now fast forwarding to Rafa.

Oh can someone direct me to the guidelines for this double jepardy rule that wasn't applied to Dummet. I'd like to see the actual wording.

The referee is directed to give a yellow if the player genuinely attempted to play the ball, but it is still a red card offence if the player deliberately fouls his opponent with no attempt to play the ball.

As Peter Beagrie summed up earlier, it wasn't possible for Dummett to play the ball because Lansbury stopped dead right in front of him and forced Dummett to run into the back of him :lol: Normal human reaction times tells you it was near on impossible for Dummett to avoid some sort of collision in that circumstance, therefore he did not deliberately push Lansbury to the floor.

tonight should go down as a warning to other clubs in the prem to avoid relegation at all costs, because your stuck here with garbage opposition, and trying to overcome amateur officiating to get out of it.

We need to calm down like :lol:

We are top at this stage because we are the best side, we'll be there or there abouts at the end for the same reason

Just in from work (pleased I wasn't in the pub watching that) and whizzed through the first half incidents.

Yes the Clarke foul was a pen and probably a yellow.

Yes the Yedlin cross was a penalty, you can't have your arms out that far when not trying to create momentum and claim ball to hand.

Shelvey was a red but will there be any retrospective on Lansbury as he kicked out first.

Dummet's wasn't even a foul.

Now fast forwarding to Rafa.

Oh can someone direct me to the guidelines for this double jepardy rule that wasn't applied to Dummet. I'd like to see the actual wording.

The referee is directed to give a yellow if the player genuinely attempted to play the ball, but it is still a red card offence if the player deliberately fouls his opponent with no attempt to play the ball.

As Peter Beagrie summed up earlier, it wasn't possible for Dummett to play the ball because Lansbury stopped dead right in front of him and forced Dummett to run into the back of him :lol: Normal human reaction times tells you it was near on impossible for Dummett to avoid some sort of collision in that circumstance, therefore he did not deliberately push Lansbury to the floor.

Not to mention the fact that Lansbury was already parallel to the floor, falling forward when Dummett finally caught up with him. Should have been a card for a dive iyam

Moving away from the referee for a minute, I thought Hayden was pretty great tonight

I thought a lot of our players deserve a lot of credit for tonight, it was a gritty, well drilled performance in the face of adversity, we haven't seen that in a Newcastle side for a number of years. Darlow was a beast, Hayden was everywhere, they all dug deep and didn't get what they deserved from that.

Rafa had this game sorted. We were in control even with the god awful officiating setting booby traps . Disallowed goals , penalties denied , we were still bossing it. So the ref had to take it to another level and reduce us to 9 men . Time to draw a line under this sh1t of a week and instill the siege mentality in the players.... AND TIME FOR ST. JAMES'S TO BECOME THE 12TH MAN AGAIN AND SCARE THESE INCOMPETENT OFFICIALS INTO GIVING US SOME CHEAP DECISIONS

This has probably been mentioned already but I've just nipped back to my hotel to charge my phone and can't find clarification.

Was there a new law brought in to stop the "triple punishment" (red card,  pen, suspension)? I thought the Dummett incident was now a yellow and pen. It may be only in Premier League but I can't remember as I've had too much to drink.

Moving away from the referee for a minute, I thought Hayden was pretty great tonight

I thought a lot of our players deserve a lot of credit for tonight, it was a gritty, well drilled performance in the face of adversity, we haven't seen that in a Newcastle side for a number of years. Darlow was a beast, Hayden was everywhere, they all dug deep and didn't get what they deserved from that.

Hayden, Darlow and Yedlin were the standouts for me, thought apart from the goal Ritchie was wasteful especially on set pieces, Gayle once again was ineffective, he's had a pretty poor week by his standards. Perez continues to be someone you would expect more from than he's giving. Clark and Lascelles were excellent outside of the 2 goals, thought they both could have done better.

Right! First chance I get to watch the team on live TV here in the wilds of NZ

Penalty to us - absolute, their lad wasn't even looking for the ball

Disallowed goal - wtf let it happen all game but if a lad scores then it must be a foul

Shelvey - really hard done by as there was nothing in it, didn't see him kick out despite numerous replays, if anything he should have had a free kick for their player impeding his chances to continue play

Dummett - their guy just about falls over the ball and is going down prior to any contact

Equaliser - well what does the idiot in control want to turn  a blind eye to here, the handball or the player coming back from an offside position and becoming actively involved - tell you what both and give the goal - supertit !!!!!!

Didn't see their winner as I got called out to work

f***ing fuming but we move on and batter the next few (and those b******s at SJP)

I'm a ref as well and would give it away if I ever put a show in like that

Ask Lansbury why he held his head when he got kicked in the crotch, please.

It's an aspect of that whole incident that a lot of people of overlooking. Shelvey did f*** all wrong, Lansbury got him sent off and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself for that.

He kicked out in retaliation. It's been a red card offence for as long as I can remember - Beckham on Simeone in '98, Vieira on van Nistelrooy etc.

Do find it staggering however that a penalty was given for what was essentially a foul on Shelvey in the first instance. Incredible that Lansbury went unpunished.

This - absolutely. Shelvey deservedly went for retaliation but Lansbury should have been penalised initially for his trapping of Shelvey's legs before the retaliation. Poor miss by the linesman and ref in my view and had this been spotted at the time things would have been different.

It's an aspect of that whole incident that a lot of people of overlooking. Shelvey did f*** all wrong, Lansbury got him sent off and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself for that.

He kicked out in retaliation. It's been a red card offence for as long as I can remember - Beckham on Simeone in '98, Vieira on van Nistelrooy etc.

Do find it staggering however that a penalty was given for what was essentially a foul on Shelvey in the first instance. Incredible that Lansbury went unpunished.

This - absolutely. Shelvey deservedly went for retaliation but Lansbury should have been penalised initially for his trapping of Shelvey's legs before the retaliation. Poor miss by the linesman and ref in my view and had this been spotted at the time things would have been different.

Show me the violent contact, show me the evidence.

Show me the violent contact, show me the evidence.

Shelvey lashed back at Lansbury after he had been scissor-trapped by Lansbury's legs...no doubt about it, I saw the replay twice but Lansbury should have been penalised for the initial foul.

They way i look at it, it should be the same punishment for both players and a yellow card for both would have been the sensible solution. The reaction from Lansbury is one of the things i despise about the modern game.

This was the worst piece of football officiating I have seen in over 50 years of watching the game...and I have seen plenty of bad stuff(yes, Trelford Mills etc etc).

Clark's header should have stood, nothing wrong with his challenge and just as much obstruction from the Forest defender ; Linesman AND Ref missed Lansbury's foul on Shelvey before the latter retaliated ; awful decision to give the second pen after a nothing challenge from Dummett on - yes, Lansbury again...and so it goes on.

Strangely, we looked to have more urgency AFTER Shelvey went off(he sometimes slows up play too much)but whilst we could have survived with 10 men there was no way, esp with these officials, that we would with 9.

This may now force the club to look at an urgent replacement for Shelvey(he could be out until end of Jan)and unless there is a release clause in Mbabu's loan deal, we could come to regret letting him go to the Swiss because we will have to play Clark at LB when Dummett is out.

Cannot see us remaining at the top of the league for the next few weeks unless Brighton also suffer a bad spell and this period coming up is now a big test for all at the club...we were the better side for long periods tonight but all that counts for nothing unless you put the ball in the net...AND have decent officials..

Just a side note, been out tonight, Christmas party, yay, Nottingham Forest fans absolutely hate that Notts thing. That's for County. Went to University there for a year and there's some rivalry. Oh fuck, look at the time. Jesus. :lol: