Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United - Tue 28th Feb @ 7.45pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa knows our striker won't touch the ball so better just stick the shittiest player upfront.

Mitrovic is on the bench.

:thup:

Gouffran particularly started to be useless when he was thrown out wide. I'll let him have a go up top considering the other option needs 15 chances to score. May have had more time to score them but he's got more goals this season from out wide than Mitro. I'd rather give Murphy more chances right now, too.

Other than the obvious advantages of Gouffran upfront in a Benitez side he's also probably far more likely to be on the end of Atsu flashing balls across the 6-yard box than Mitro is. The more I think about it the less worried I am tbh.

:thup:

Can see us looking to press them high up the pitch giving them no time on the ball. Like we did really well against Hull in the 1st half.

Not to be unnecessarily confrontational... but this is pretty much the opposite of what I think will happen. All 11 players sit deep as f***, hope to counter on the wings.

You might be right mate. Wouldn't surprise me if we did go that way. Just a feeling I have, that we will take the fucking game to them.

Beyond belief that we have Gouffran spearheading a promotion assault.  Even more staggering that Colback is still in and the Sissoko clone in Diame.

If we go up with all these permutations then Rafa deserves a knighthood for foreigners

Think Gouff = movement - something we've been lacking upfront.

That's the idea certainly, but I can't say I've noticed anything particularly good about his movement.

One of Gouffrans only qualities is his instinct around the box. He will certainly pressure the defence.