Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United - Tue 28th Feb @ 7.45pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have nothing against Gouffran, but I feel like we're going to spend the entire game lumping the ball up the pitch, only for it to come back 2 seconds later.

We only tend to do that when Mitro/Murphy start. We weren't doing that for Gayle.

If we do play long balls they need to be up the line for Gouffran to chase.

Guest neesy111

I have nothing against Gouffran, but I feel like we're going to spend the entire game lumping the ball up the pitch, only for it to come back 2 seconds later.

We only tend to do that when Mitro/Murphy start. We weren't doing that for Gayle.

We did for the time he was on the pitch vs Villa.

Not true at all. We've been playing it over the top all season regardless of who's upfront. Make sense with Gayle given his pace, obviously.

The last time Gayle played he didn't even touch the ball. Not sure if this means we lumped it up and he couldn't get on it (as I suspect), or we didn't even get as far as lumping it forward. Either way, this is pretty much what I expect to see with Gouffran on his own upfront.

We did for the time he was on the pitch vs Villa.

That's a fair point but it wasn't the way we were playing 2 months ago. Long balls certainly increased with Gayle out.

Can see us looking to press them high up the pitch giving them no time on the ball. Like we did really well against Hull in the 1st half.

Not to be unnecessarily confrontational... but this is pretty much the opposite of what I think will happen. All 11 players sit deep as fuck, hope to counter on the wings.