Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United - post match jubilation from p54

Greg

We need to get Colback off and bring Murphy on, drop Diame into Colbacks position and we'll get something from this.  As for the penalty, Clark was thick to give the referee the opportunity to give it.

Phil Brown

Southend manager on BBC Radio 5 live

The standard of football by both these teams, both attacking and defensively has been world class.

I feel like giving them a standing ovation. It's different class.

:lol:

Alreet, Garth.

Some people are very harsh on Atsu so far, he's easily been one of our better players. He has made mistakes but he is still looking for the ball and trying things, he hasn't gone into hiding like most our players like to do.

Him, Ritchie and Yedlin have done ok. The 2 dicks up front have looked shit, and centre mid not doing enough.

At the back it's not been too bad after early issues but we just aren't ruthless enough and the fact Diame couldn't trap cement is a problem

Some people are very harsh on Atsu so far, he's easily been one of our better players. He has made mistakes but he is still looking for the ball and trying things, he hasn't gone into hiding like most our players like to do.

He's been easily our best player IMO. Decent first touch as well, wish I could say that about the rest of them.

Where the f*** is Gayle? Wasn't he supposed to be out for 3 weeks like nine months ago?

Came back and got injured again.

He was rushed back by Rafa ahead of schedule.  He hadn't trained properly and had just spent 35 hours awake during the birth of his daughter (I think daughter, whatever).  Stupid decision to start him and no wonder he injured himself again.

Poor half from Diame, Atsu, Yedlin, and Dummett.

Decent from Shelvey and Ritchie.

The rest anonymous or okay. I'd get Murphy on, I'd genuinely rather keep Gouffran on than Mitrovic at this stage, which I can't believe I'm actually thinking.

Think Yedlin and Atsu have been pretty decent tbh, linking up well.

Referee gets pulled from Leicester match last season because he has 'friends' who support them.

Madley given this game despite having a diehard Huddersfield family.

Not even shocked a bent decision went against us, he was bound to give any sort of 50/50 the wrong way. No doubt it'll all be brushed under the carpet because it's not a top of the table PL clash.

Deserving behind.  Rafa is too f***ing timid and keeps making s*** team selections.

Can you tone it down man. [emoji38] You don't have to keep repeating the same negative s**** at every possible opportunity you know?

I've noticed pretty much every post by him is negative, probably an undercover mackem. To be fair, there are plenty of those (us) on their forum.

We need to get Colback off and bring Murphy on, drop Diame into Colbacks position and we'll get something from this.  As for the penalty, Clark was thick to give the referee the opportunity to give it.

Would tend to agree but after watching it back, hes not even shirt pulling did next to nowt ball fall owa.

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure Madley even had a decent view of that because of Lascelles.  Stinking but obvious decision

It's the sort of obvious bet that you know you should put on but don't. As you said, it was obvious.

Where the f*** is Gayle? Wasn't he supposed to be out for 3 weeks like nine months ago?

He was rushed back by Rafa ahead of schedule.  He hadn't trained properly and had just spent 35 hours awake during the birth of his daughter (I think daughter, whatever).  Stupid decision to start him and no wonder he injured himself again.

Didn't Gayle say he was fit to play like?

October 2014 the last time we won when losing at HT.

Good time to do it again  :undecided:

Would happily take a point right now.  Game could still easily go either way.  We look ok when going forward but, awful in defence.

The rest anonymous or okay. I'd get Murphy on, I'd genuinely rather keep Gouffran on than Mitrovic at this stage, which I can't believe I'm actually thinking.

Yedlin's been terrible IMO. Agree on Atsu

Atsu has done well IMO. Should have scored obviously, but causing them a lot of problems.

Damn it to hell, how long is he expected to be out for this time?

Yedlin's been terrible IMO. Agree on Atsu

Yedlin's ok going forward, but not great when a winger is running at him.

Don't have a clue what's happening half the time because Sky are obsessed with close ups of players and replays when the game is going on so we're missing half of the game

I was equally annoyed at this.

Sky have done that every game for decades. They're obsessed with people in the crowd, managers and never showing throws.