Cardiff 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 28/04/17 - Post-match reaction from page 19

BlueStar

Not surprised to hear we looked far more relaxed today. We have had the most pressure to get promoted by far, and that is gone now. Really expect us to go on and win the title now.

Some good football from us tonight, especially in the 2nd half. You can tell the pressure was off and that some were fighting for a place here next season. We let them have a few too many chances for my liking, but that was down to everyone just wanting to get forward and play with freedom. If there was nothing riding on this game then I'm sure we would have been more rigid at the back. Even the players who usually perform badly had decent games.

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock: "I thought we had some good chances and finishing those is what you pay for, I'm trying to get more goals in the team, that's what I'm looking for in the summer.

"I thought we were a bit unlucky, I didn't see anything wrong with Morrison's header, it's a very soft foul.

"If you look at the free-kick he gave for their first goal, it's a nothing free-kick. We have to start educating players what to do when you get a referee like that.

"I thought 'Scotty' [referee Graham Scott] had a bad game today, he was poor in general with his positioning and interpretation.

"Mitrovic came on and never looked at the ball once, he fouled Morrison three-times and he didn't see it - why? Because he's not educated.

"There is no wonder, if Mike Riley's his tutor, no wonder."

See Warnok blames the referee for the loss, no mention of the 2 penalties we could have had and a possible sending off. Morrison was all over Clark and Atsu was pushed; he's probably judging it wasn't a free kick in the strength of some of the other decisions they got away with.

Went on a mini bus yesterday, left at 7am and returned home at 6:30am, absolutely fucked, didn't stop drinking all day. One of the best away trips I've ever done, away end was quality and the team were brilliant second half especially considering who we had missing. Rafa Benitez is our manager, still have to get my head around that every now and again. Over the moon we broke the record too, would've been a shame if we hadn't after the start we made.