CHAMPIONS 3 - 0 Barnsley // Aston Villa 1 - 1 Brighton - 07/05/17 - WOOOOOOO

Dave

Genuinely think Brighton took it for granted and just coasted it once promotion was clinched. Bit unprofessional tbh. Certainly won't help the 'bottlers' tag they've got themselves over the last few years. Huge psychological blow losing the big shiny pot with a few minutes of the season to go, it stays with players moments like that.

Bit unprofessional but also think it's a bit natural after celebrating promotion, which is a huge achievement for them there would be some drop off, course it's going to be a little harder to heave it back to defence in the 88th minute once the main job is done. There are fine margins and while it's poor I don't think it's overly bad

Brighton had the chance to win the title 3 days after their promotion was won and even before we could even kick a ball that weekend. Then had another chance last week in front of their own fans and on Sky and they blew it.

I was at the match on Sunday, and Brighton were shit.

Couldn't beat us, and we were down to ten men after they were gifted a pen and a red card with 30 minutes to go.

We were much the better team.

I found myself thinking they look really badly equipped for next season, no matter how well they've done this.

Oh and their players were doing the 'on knees, thumping floor' thing when Grealish scored.

Brighton had the chance to win the title 3 days after their promotion was won and even before we could even kick a ball that weekend. Then had another chance last week in front of their own fans and on Sky and they blew it.

I was at the match on Sunday, and Brighton were s***.

Couldn't beat us, and we were down to ten men after they were gifted a pen and a red card with 30 minutes to go.

I found myself thinking they look really badly equipped for next season, no matter how well they've done this.

Oh and their players were doing the 'on knees, thumping floor' thing when Grealish scored.

Have to say I agree with that, having seen the incident on the Ch5 show. Looked a very innocuous challenge, and the red that followed was just a joke. In fact, Villa had a better/clearer penalty shout just before that, that was waived away.  ??? :rolleyes:

So thanks Villa, and Jack Grealish for that equaliser.  O0

I noticed a lot of Villa fans talking about how much Brighton got away with from the ref. Didn't watch it, but kind of hilarious that even their massive good luck compared to ours ran into the last day and they still couldn't win the title.

Brighton have been shit every time I've seen them this season.

Ground out wins with loads of penalties and refereeing decisions in their favour.

They have been awarded a ridiculous amount of penalties this season, quite a few of them would be classed as "soft" ones as well. We've been the polar opposite in that we've had a lot of stone wall penalty appeals not given and then when we did get a softish one against Burton the referee disallowed it anyway.

Overall though I think the final league table represents a true pucture. We were the best team in the league and Brighton were 2nd best.

11 pens for Brighton in the league this season... versus 5 for us (4 if you count the fact that one was voided off by that stupid cunt Stroud)

How many against for both teams?

11 pens for Brighton in the league this season... versus 5 for us (4 if you count the fact that one was voided off by that stupid c*** Stroud)

How many against for both teams?

Quick look through Brightons fixtures/results, Can only see one listed against (Leeds away), but they also conceded one against Forest away, so only 2 given against them in the league all season.  :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_F.C._season

We had 6 given against us in the league, but Darlow saved 2 of them at Forest.

Shelvey's 'goal' yesterday was amazing  :yikes:

That was the only moment when my girlfriend nearly blew our cover in the away end, she didn't hear the whistle and couldn't contain herself :lol:

Brighton have been shit every time I've seen them this season.

Ground out wins with loads of penalties and refereeing decisions in their favour.

If you analyse our possession stats, shots, etc as well as actual goals scored, which should be an indicator of how attacking we played, then compare it to other teams and factor in penalties awarded and conceded there is reasonable evidence to suggest that something was amiss.

Apart from that anyone with two eyes who watched our games could make the case.

11 pens for Brighton in the league this season... versus 5 for us (4 if you count the fact that one was voided off by that stupid c*** Stroud)

Reading got given 12 penalties and gave away 21 :lol:

Reading got given 12 penalties and gave away 21 :lol:

Fulham have missed 9 penalties this season :lol: