The Portuguese Nile Ranger

Ikon

http://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/sporting/noticias/interior/newcastle-tem-semedo-na-mao-8529883.html

SAD led by Bruno de Carvalho waits for the leaders of magpies to send the final document, with details such as payment deadlines, something that should happen in the coming days

Sporting agreed to transfer Reuben Semedo to Newcastle, know O JOGO, in exchange for 14 million euros for 80% of the economic rights of the central defender who graduated in Alvalade. As our paper has advanced in its online version during the afternoon of yesterday, emissaries of the English emblem, duly mandated for the purpose, met in Alvalade with the leonine leaders last Wednesday - a meeting attended by the president of the Sporting, Bruno de Carvalho - and the parties reached a verbal agreement for the definitive transfer of the 23-year-old athlete for the amount mentioned, but safeguarding a compensation of 30 million euros if Rúben Semedo returned to Portugal in the next five years , In addition to the right of first refusal in a future sale.

ah reet

Some peculiar terms there regarding future sales back to a Portuguese club - although there is ample room for "lost in translation" with that article...

http://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/sporting/noticias/interior/newcastle-tem-semedo-na-mao-8529883.html

SAD led by Bruno de Carvalho waits for the leaders of magpies to send the final document, with details such as payment deadlines, something that should happen in the coming days

Sporting agreed to transfer Reuben Semedo to Newcastle, know O JOGO, in exchange for 14 million euros for 80% of the economic rights of the central defender who graduated in Alvalade. As our paper has advanced in its online version during the afternoon of yesterday, emissaries of the English emblem, duly mandated for the purpose, met in Alvalade with the leonine leaders last Wednesday - a meeting attended by the president of the Sporting, Bruno de Carvalho - and the parties reached a verbal agreement for the definitive transfer of the 23-year-old athlete for the amount mentioned, but safeguarding a compensation of 30 million euros if Rúben Semedo returned to Portugal in the next five years , In addition to the right of first refusal in a future sale.

ah reet

Some peculiar terms there regarding future sales back to a Portuguese club - although there is ample room for "lost in translation" with that article...

Yeah, can't figure out that whole deal about that massive compensation if he ends up back in Portugal in 5 years :lol:

I'm guessing it's to prevent him ending up at a rival maybe?

ah reet

Yeah, can't figure out that whole deal about that massive compensation if he ends up back in Portugal in 5 years :lol:

I'm guessing it's to prevent him ending up at a rival maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's pretty common over there. Stop foreign clubs doing favours to the other two big clubs by buying them then selling them on because Sporting won't sell to them directly.

I remember someone, I think it was Souness, making Bramble play chess to improve his concentration. He was still an oaf on the pitch :lol:.

Wtf  :lol:  :lol:

Queen plays diagonal up the pitch, pawn too high up to defend the king and can't get back.

Check mate.

I remember someone, I think it was Souness, making Bramble play chess to improve his concentration. He was still an oaf on the pitch :lol:.

Wtf  :lol:  :lol:

Queen plays diagonal up the pitch, pawn too high up to defend the king and can't get back.

Check mate.

:lol: nice one.

Ruben does lack mental attributes. The remaining competences - speed, power, technique - seem to be there.

It also should be considered that Eric Dier seemed crap while he was in Lisbon and now he established himself in the Premier League. Playing for Sporting is quite demotivating, especially for a benfiquista. Semedo was involved in a turmoil after writing on Facebook, as an u-18 Sporting player, "all of you know that I support Benfica, but for now I represent Sporting... but just for now".

ruben.png

Regarding Nelson Semedo: they're not related. Nelson is negotiating with Barcelona, according to portuguese press.

Ruben does lack mental attributes. The remaining competences - speed, power, technique - seem to be there.

It also should be considered that Eric Dier seemed crap while he was in Lisbon and now he established himself in the Premier League. Playing for Sporting is quite demotivating, especially for a benfiquista. Semedo was involved in a turmoil after writing on Facebook, as an u-18 Sporting player, "all of you know that I support Benfica, but for now I represent Sporting... but just for now".

ruben.png

Regarding Nelson Semedo: they're not related. Nelson is negotiating with Barcelona, according to portuguese press.

:thup: Makes a lot of sense. Especially Sporting's concerns regarding us selling back to another Portuguese club.

ruben.png

Love a Bruno post :thup:

I never knew Eric Dier had been on loan at Everton when Moyes was there. Dier was U18 at the time.

That scouting report and Bruno's comments sound all right. CH who can play DM, get him in.