Tammy Abraham joins Swansea

Figures 1-0 Football

Pay it. If he's gonna score goals it's worth it. Unusual but worth it.

The kid must be on peanuts at Chelsea if he has to look for that, not gonna criticise him for looking after his family.

The story suggests Chelsea are offering him a new/extended contract worth £50k per week, yet on top he/his agent wants a sign on fee

Honestly I don't see a lot of sense in going after Abraham, unless Rafa sees him as someone who is ready straight away (cos he won't be our player for long) or it's simply to free up money for the defence and midfield.

I don't see Chelsea sending him to us as a rotation player when other Prem clubs like Brighton will give him more games. Therefore I think it's quite unlikely we'd loan Abraham and then go and spend big on another more proven striker.  It looks a major gamble to me if we're pinning our hopes on a 19 year old with 1 good Championship season to lead the line in the Premier League for us. There are major question marks over our other strikers too.

Pay it. If he's gonna score goals it's worth it. Unusual but worth it.

The kid must be on peanuts at Chelsea if he has to look for that, not gonna criticise him for looking after his family.

Hold on, the article says he's getting a raise to £50k per week yet he's trying to negotiate a wage above that from the club he's on loan at.  Plus trying to get a £1M "signing on fee", even though he's signing fuck all but a loan deal..

Obvously this is all based on a article in the daily mail and I'm not saying its true.  Just saying IF it is he's not someone we should be signing, totally wrong attitude.

Oh aye, couldn't possibly just disagree like must have missed the oh so astute point.

Obviously Rafa will decide in the end and that should be good enough for everyone, but that doesn't stop people having their opinion for now.

Guest chopey

:thup:

Not a big fan of the loan system anyway.  Paying a million quid to develop another team's youngster seems silly.  Intra-division loans should be banned imo.

100% agree

He's looked woeful so far at half time in this game.

Hardly got a sniff to be fair. Looking better this second half. Not sure he'll be anymore than a Carl Cort. He's time on his side for sure.