Tammy Abraham joins Swansea

Figures 1-0 Football

Because we've only got a certain amount of money and need a lot of players.  It may take a couple of seasons to buy all the players we actually need right now.  So instead we'll loan a couple, leaving more cash to spend on the remaining areas we need to cover.  Then the following season (hopefully) we'd buy players to replace the loans.

What I mean is that if we should loan a player (I realise it's a good option moneywise to loan) I think we must have the option to buy.

Say that Abraham becomes a big success and than we dont have a chance of signing him next season.

Then we are back to squere one needing to find a new striker next season.

Quite possibly, but we'll likely have additional funds to allocate towards that striker, and with a decent season behind could be a more attractive proposition.

If the delay is in him signing the extension, what happens if he doesn't ? The deal is off ? I assume he's only got a year left, that's why they want the extension otherwise he'll go for whatever a tribunal sets next summer. I wonder how long we are prepared to wait around and if we have some limit on how much we are willing to pay for his salary, obviously if we agreed to pay 50% of his wage and his wage right now is 10k that's a lot less than paying 50% of 45k.

Because we've only got a certain amount of money and need a lot of players.  It may take a couple of seasons to buy all the players we actually need right now.  So instead we'll loan a couple, leaving more cash to spend on the remaining areas we need to cover.  Then the following season (hopefully) we'd buy players to replace the loans.

What I mean is that if we should loan a player (I realise it's a good option moneywise to loan) I think we must have the option to buy.

Say that Abraham becomes a big success and than we dont have a chance of signing him next season.

That's fine if you can find the right player on loan with an option to buy.  But it seems that player isn't available in Rafa's view and the most important thing is the get the player he thinks is right not the one with an option to buy. 

I don't really like the idea of loans without an option to buy either.  But sometimes its necessary and I wouldn't say it puts us back to square one.  Because assuming Rafa gets most of his permanent signings right we'll need far less incomings next season, which means we can focus more time and money on a permanent striker.

If the delay is in him signing the extension, what happens if he doesn't ? The deal is off ? I assume he's only got a year left, that's why they want the extension otherwise he'll go for whatever a tribunal sets next summer. I wonder how long we are prepared to wait around and if we have some limit on how much we are willing to pay for his salary, obviously if we agreed to pay 50% of his wage and his wage right now is 10k that's a lot less than paying 50% of 45k.

Can't see us being bothered at all about the wages, those numbers are all pretty small fry.

That's fine if you can find the right player on loan with an option to buy.  But it seems that player isn't available in Rafa's view and the most important thing is the get the player he thinks is right not the one with an option to buy. 

I don't really like the idea of loans without an option to buy either.  But sometimes its necessary and I wouldn't say it puts us back to square one.  Because assuming Rafa gets most of his permanent signings right we'll need far less incomings next season, which means we can focus more time and money on a permanent striker.

Just because you don't agree an option to buy doesn't mean that a player won't be available following a loan, especially from a club like Chelsea. If anything a good season with us, even without an option to buy, could put us in pole position for a permanent transfer. See Lukaku, Romelu.

Just because you don't agree an option to buy doesn't mean that a player won't be available following a loan, especially from a club like Chelsea. If anything a good season with us, even without an option to buy, could put us in pole position for a permanent transfer. See Lukaku, Romelu.

There must be so many strikers out there who would like to join us with Rafa in charge.

But I'd like Abraham on loan to be a backup/second striker with another good striker coming here on a permanent deal.

And thats what I think is Rafas plan aswell.

In Rafa we trust!

Quotes direct from Abraham in the Chronicle which state that he himself hasn't made his mind up yet. First team football for a massive PL club under the tutelage of Benitez. Aye, it's tough one, like. Best keep your options open, lad.

Quotes direct from Abraham in the Chronicle which state that he himself hasn't made his mind up yet. First team football for a massive PL club under the tutelage of Benitez. Aye, it's tough one, like. Best keep your options open, lad.

That's assuming there is actually an offer from Benitez to play here. Just because something is on the SSN ticker doesn't mean it's happened.

They did after all say we had agreed a fee for Semedo which turned out to be bullshit.

I can understand why it's a difficult choice for him. Glen Murray wont be able to play a ton of games at Brighton and he could easily be first choice there. I think most of us are struggling to see how Abraham is going to fit in for us unless Gayle's injury problems continue.

No longer convinced this guy is a priority for Benitez.

There have been rumblings about Gray, Batshuayi, Bakambu and Ings. If any of these come in and we still have Gayle, then Abraham will not get the kind of playing time he would want or need.

He is with England over the summer at the under 21 Euros anyway, and so sealing this move now could be quite risky, as he could end up injured. Think this one is more of a contingency later down the line if moves for strikers we want don't pan out.

What is there to think about? Take a look at where Lukaku is after good loan spells at WBA.

He should stop thinking about how many games he might get elsewhere, and start thinking about showing what he can do.If hes got it he will get games.

:lol: Some of you massively overrate the impact Rafa will have on players.

He's not some sort of magician who clicks his fingers and people want to join, (Inb4 the gif :lol:) because he's here doesn't mean players will want to join suddenly.

It's what I was talking about when I said expectations will need to be tempered, as great as Rafa is he will not overcome the shitshow this club has been for nigh on a decade in one summer. :lol:

With an eye in that forgettable well-dressed Irish-fella with the hot girlfriend (Tobin), personally I don't want anyone who doesn't really want to be here.

:lol: Some of you massively overrate the impact Rafa will have on players.

He's not some sort of magician who clicks his fingers and people want to join, (Inb4 the gif :lol:) because he's here doesn't mean players will want to join suddenly.

It's what I was talking about when I said expectations will need to be tempered, as great as Rafa is he will not overcome the shitshow this club has been for nigh on a decade in one summer. :lol:

Where are you getting any of that from?  Haven't see anyone saying Benitez will make players want to sign above all else like, unless I missed some lunatic post.

Guest chopey

We should walk away as soon as he said he would think about our offer these young kids are far to big for their boots these days