Tammy Abraham joins Swansea

Figures 1-0 Football

Didn't he get 20 odd goals for Bristol City last year? Looks the right sort of player and has the frame to fit the system.

Have to agree with what some others are saying, though. Don't like the idea of just signing him on loan, with no option. Seems a bit small time and a waste for us moving forwards, if he ends up being a success for us.

Get what you're saying and agree to an extent but in this ur position he's an ideal, short term fix with minimal risk. He's basically a cheap stopgap that'll buy us a year. I'd rather buy the real deal now but if it allows us to upgrade another 4 or 5 positions then I'm all for it. :thup:

Didn't he get 20 odd goals for Bristol City last year? Looks the right sort of player and has the frame to fit the system.

Have to agree with what some others are saying, though. Don't like the idea of just signing him on loan, with no option. Seems a bit small time and a waste for us moving forwards, if he ends up being a success for us.

Get what you're saying and agree to an extent but in this ur position he's an ideal, short term fix with minimal risk. He's basically a cheap stopgap that'll buy us a year. I'd rather buy the real deal now but if it allows us to upgrade another 4 or 5 positions then I'm all for it. :thup:

Also giving us another year in the bigger spotlight of the Prem, where hopefully we'll do well, and become a more fanciful destination for perhaps a higher quality striker next year then we could attract this year.

Also giving us another year in the bigger spotlight of the Prem, where hopefully we'll do well, and become a more fanciful destination for perhaps a higher quality striker next year then we could attract this year.

That too. :thup:

All that said I wouldn't want more than 2 per year or it becomes a much larger issue in the medium and long term.

Guest palnese

We better have someone else lined up as well. Going into the season with Gayle, Mitro and a bairn as our striking options is very risky.

What does this mean for Armstrong? We're signing someone younger than him presumably to play in our first team (maybe not as a starter but y'know) in the Prem, while he'll probably be out on loan in the Championship..again

What does this mean for Armstrong? We're signing someone younger than him presumably to play in our first team (maybe not as a starter but y'know) in the Prem, while he'll probably be out on loan in the Championship..again

It means Tammy Abraham is ready to play in the premier league and Adam Armstrong isn't.  Not to say he never will be but I think his displays on loan in the championship compared to those of Abraham show the gulf between them

Armstrong hasn't shown he's anywhere near ready for the Prem.

I know, was more of a rhetorical question/point I was making tbh. Still seeing people on twitter patter on about Armstrong saying they'd prefer to "give him a chance"

Do people think if this goes through that will be it for strikers? Rafa only tends to play 1 upfront which would leave Gayle, Mitrovic and Perez as backups. I think I'd sell Mitrovic and get a better striker in along with Abraham.

I just went through his 23 goals at Bristol City and i must say that we have to aim higher than this. 95% of the goals were fluke/tap ins/ penalty. Not a single goal were he beat his man or any glimphes of any special skills. We need a mobile forward with pace who can outmuscle the defenders. Someone like Loic Remy when he was here a couple seasons ago.

I just went through his 23 goals at Bristol City and i must say that we have to aim higher than this. 95% of the goals were fluke/tap ins/ penalty. Not a single goal were he beat his man or any glimphes of any special skills. We need a mobile forward with pace who can outmuscle the defenders. Someone like Loic Remy when he was here a couple seasons ago.

Abraham seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time and that's important for any forward.  I think he'd do well for us next season if we do get him.

26 goals in your first season in professional football, at Championship level too, and for a poor team - that's pretty outstanding really. The lad's cleatly got something; at the very least massive potential.