Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Two goals? What the actual fuck?

Seriously didn't even want him in the squad a year ago, now he's an integral part of a CL squad. Eddie Howe, we salute you.

58 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Absolutely delighted for him becoming this much of an asset to the team, after looking like he didn't have much of a future here at all. He's really quite an engaging character, too 

Thing is, Murph has always got into good positions in/around the box, but always managed to fluff the finish... either wide/over or hitting the frame.

If he can bring composure to his finishing, he could be quite the asset next season.

First one today was a great finish from the angle, but second was a bit 'hit and hope' and amazingly it flew in.

Would love to see him tuck one or two away wehn he gets put through, too.

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Such a funny and slightly weird bloke as well, which is class. Bet he likes Warhammer, which I’m fully behind. 

Why is he weird man? [emoji38]

Well fuck me. I've gone from absolutely hating him to loving the guy. Hope he really enjoys this, he's had a shite time of it, but he's doing the business. I shouldn't still be thinking this, but with him, Almiron, Longstaff and Joelinton on the teamsheet, I still doubt whether they're any good. It's nuts what everyone has done to turn this around. Lush to see.

In a previous post I said I felt he was his own worst enemy as he kept getting in good positions only to be possessed by the ghost of Obertan at key moments, hence the heat he attracted.

I'm glad Eddie got the exorcist in as he looks not just a great squad player but a decent starter at the moment. Yet another player who highlights the unbelievable job the coaching team are doing.