Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

12 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Decent player to bring on for the last 10 mins that is it. Think this season will show the shortfalls in a few areas 

Can’t be.

All summer I heard that he should start ahead of Miggy and is much better than him.

He has the same end product, and can’t run down the wing unless the opposition LB is out of position.

He has nowhere near tracking back ability as Miggy either.

Just now, Stifler said:

Can’t be.

All summer I heard that he should start ahead of Miggy and is much better than him.

He has the same end product, and can’t run down the wing unless the opposition LB is out of position.

He has nowhere near tracking back ability as Miggy either.

They're both not good enough these days, but we can get away with one being the back up for a real RW until the summer, then sign a young up and coming RW to replace the other one.

That we're about to enter September 2024, 3 years after the takeover and Jacob Murphy who will turn 30 this season and Miguel Almirón, who will turn 31 this season, remain our main options on the RW is baffling. I don't know whether it can be put down to a lack of boldness, ruthlessness, planning, ambition or what but everyone knows they should've been upgraded. 

I like Murphy - great pro, Toon fan etc- his role should be that of Krafths - the option when you are really short of cover - plays the odd game here and there 

Him starting today is the clubs fault for not getting a RW in - one thing I hope EH learns that until we sign a RW, Barnes and Gordon start 

Never again. He's Championship at best, his better games last season were when he was employed as a sort of wing back. Offered nothing , at least Miggy would have protected Livramento more. We have to upgrade this position if we're being ambitious.  

1 hour ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Never again. He's Championship at best, his better games last season were when he was employed as a sort of wing back. Offered nothing , at least Miggy would have protected Livramento more. We have to upgrade this position if we're being ambitious.  

He kept moving into midfield didn’t he? Absolutely baffled me 

13 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

He kept moving into midfield didn’t he? Absolutely baffled me 

As in a 4 in mid? That was down to EHs tactics in fairness 

He's like Longstaff, can do the hard work bit and for that you can never fault him. Wasn't surprised at all that his pre-season heroics weren't repeated once the serious games came around. He can whip in the odd great cross or hit the odd decent shot, but ultimately he's not very good in possession.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He's like Longstaff, can do the hard work bit and for that you can never fault him. Wasn't surprised at all that his pre-season heroics weren't repeated once the serious games came around. He can whip in the odd great cross or hit the odd decent shot, but ultimately he's not very good in possession.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but I think last season he proved he was at least worth the odd start and definitely a good enough squad member. It's good to hear someone having their season wrote off after playing 30 minutes in our first game before he was taken off because we went down to 10 men and also after an away game against a team we've struggled against in recent years. 

Just now, KDT said:

I'm not saying he's a world beater but I think last season he proved he was at least worth the odd start and definitely a good enough squad member. It's good to hear someone having their season wrote off after playing 30 minutes in our first game before he was taken off because we went down to 10 men and also after an away game against a team we've struggled against in recent years. 

He's not going to be a squad player though, there were many on here who seemed to think that a RW is not crucial because between him and Miggy we have good options. Of the bench maybe, but if they are our go to starting RWs then I expect to see more patchy football.

27 minutes ago, TRon said:

Fixed