Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

We can only achieve what we can - as long as we look stronger at the end of every window and everyone’s pulling in the right direction then we all have to trust the process and accept that. Fact is it seems we’re spent up and just as much as you don’t want miggy - no bugger else does either (or Wilson or longstaff) so we’re struggling to generate cash for that position. In my opinion if we can only buy one more then it has to be a CB.

I agree if you have to choose CB is more important. 

14 minutes ago, JP said:

Murphy’s pre season form is outrageous. If we’d signed a RW and he was doing this in pre season everyone would be so hyped up. 

Absolutely a starter next weekend for me. 

Definite starter but we know that Murphy isn’t going to do this all season is he. Great lad in great form but remember yesterday was a pre-season game. Murphy isn’t going to bother the top teams particularly away from home. 

I'm a big Muphy fan and fully see him being an important part of the squad. However his style of play is a bit too one dimensional for him to be a regular starter and not be a bit of a weakness to the team as if you know he's going to start you can nullify him.  In particular when teams sit back he can be totally ineffectual as he can't get behind the fullback and whip balls in which is one of his greatest strengths.  He's a bit like Gillespie in that way.

Murphy is a very good squad player. Great attitude, like I’ve said previously, can cover RB, and when he plays RW, being direct and hitting the byline is such an asset. It’s not suited for most games, but it really does give a defender something else to think about. Most are used to someone cutting back inside (and would be when we sign a new RW), so having someone who’s quick to go on outside is such a different dimension. 

Suits us too because we’re a side that will flood the box with runners.

1 hour ago, Dan Gleebals said:

I hope this pre season form has not made us think twice about getting in RW ASAP! 

I really like him, but we need more on the right.

Don’t think it’s ever come down to us being happy and thinking it’s not needed but it’s always come down to resources and priorities.

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Definite starter but we know that Murphy isn’t going to do this all season is he. Great lad in great form but remember yesterday was a pre-season game. Murphy isn’t going to bother the top teams particularly away from home. 

He just bothered the third placed la liga team. He's become better and better every season since Howe came here. I'm cautiously hoping he has his break through season at the tender age of 29 :lol: 

Wouldn't cry if we got a RW in of course, but seeing how he's done in pre-season I think we can manage and compete with the top teams perfectly fine with him and Almiron.

1 hour ago, Dan Gleebals said:

I hope this pre season form has not made us think twice about getting in RW ASAP! 

I really like him, but we need more on the right.

I don’t think we are going to sign one, purely for financial reasons. 

Another season of Almiron and Murphy unfortunately.