Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

I'm absolutely perplexed that some people think he was good last night :lol:

He threatened to be good tbf, got into a lot of good positions and made some dangerous runs but once it became obvious he was only ever going to go on the outside and then try to cross, the defenders sussed him. What's more worrying is that he was still miles better than Ritchie as HTT said above.

I'm absolutely perplexed that some people think he was good last night :lol:

This. Poor opposition. It was tailor made for him to have a good game but he was just alright.

2 years on and I’ve seen nothing from the kid to justify even a fraction of what we paid for him.

Was nice to see him playing with a little bit of confidence last night.

Surely the idea of swapping him and Ritchie was because crossing the ball for Joselu is absolutely pointless and they might was well have the option to cut in and shoot if required?

£12m for this guy, fuck me.

Doesn't sound too bad when Chris Sutton said that someone like Bradley Dack would go for £20-£25m in todays market. :lol:

But aye, he was shit. Got past his man a good few times but way too often the end product was just embarrassing.

£12m for this guy, fuck me.

Doesn't sound too bad when Chris Sutton said that someone like Bradley Dack would go for £20-£25m in todays market. :lol:

But aye, he was shit. Got past his man a good few times but way too often the end product was just embarrassing.

25m for Dack :lol:

The way the commentators were going on about him, you'd think they'd brought on Batistuta.

Shirt looks like it may be too heavy for him - different clubs suit different players

It's bugger all to do with that, like. We're a shit club which has increasingly fewer ties to a 'proud heritage'. He just isn't very good. I doubt Rafa has done much to improve his confidence but the fundamental issue is that his technique and decision-making is really poor.

Was he? Thought he was all pace and nothing more. The player with the least amount of heart I've ever seen play for us.

Funny how people say stuff like this about ultimately quite forgettable players when the likes of Owen and Sissoko existed. Certainly the former anyway.

Obertan had pace, but not the brains to use it properly. When he could just run past with the ball he still had to stop and consider what move he should do instead.

Not to mention the aimless back heel flicks that never found any team-mates. Even the commentaries were furious with him when he did that repeatedly. :lol:

Was he? Thought he was all pace and nothing more. The player with the least amount of heart I've ever seen play for us.

Funny how people say stuff like this about ultimately quite forgettable players when the likes of Owen and Sissoko existed. Certainly the former anyway.

Listen, I certainly don't want to give Owen any praise, but he did break his leg or whatever trying to score for us. Obertan was as weak as they come, though. He'd pull out of challenges, just let players run by him and put up not fight. Remember him against Arsenal in our 5th season? He was absolutely pathetic that day and it summed up his entire career for us.

Thought you weren't allowed to loan more than one player from the same team? Or does that just apply to the PL? Suppose we've had two kids on loan at League One/Two teams before haven't we?