Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Just been reminded we have a player with this name, so thought I'd get this thread off page 6. Where exactly is he? Is this the last year of his contract?

A groin injury according to Howe's pre-ManU presser. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Limited as a player but he played at that limit for the vast majority of his appearances in the black and white.

Can’t be too negative on him for that. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.. which was mostly the case during Mike Ashley’s tenure.

Best of luck to him.

5 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

He had a lot of qualities to be decent. Seems from a fans POV like he wasn't that driven? A bit passive about his football career.

He earned 7m playing for us. On 40k a week.

Just let that sink in. Kid did ok for us given he was limited.

8 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

He had a lot of qualities to be decent. Seems from a fans POV like he wasn't that driven? A bit passive about his football career.

Looking inwards and obviously without any real insight it did/does look that way to me as well.

43 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Was there anything in particular that gave that idea for people? Never saw it myself. Just seemed a serviceable but limited player to me, unhelped by some rotten injury luck at times. Reasonable at a number of things but didn't particularly excel at anything to take him up a level or two, especially for a club looking to finally pull away from relegation battles. 

Was never a world beater, but equally very rarely let us down and a good reliable pro during the darker times.

Hope he does well back in Spain with Rafa. Best of luck to him.

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

Have nothing against him but the fact he's made millions from being a very mediocre footballer says it all about football in general 

Oh football in general is such a scam.. imagine having a job where you do so shit you get fired and your employer has to pay your salary for a few years.

Steve Bruce absolutely loves being sacked.. in fact he’d get sacked from every club in the world if he had a chance.