Mikel Merino

Disco

If a game situation allows, it might be interesting to see him tried at #10. He offers the presence of Diame, but is technically much better. We've not seen him hit many shots, but his Spain U21 goal came from him in an advanced position and was very composed. His heading would also be a weapon for runs into the box.

giphy.gif

To play both him and Shelvey?

If a game situation allows, it might be interesting to see him tried at #10. He offers the presence of Diame, but is technically much better. We've not seen him hit many shots, but his Spain U21 goal came from him in an advanced position and was very composed. His heading would also be a weapon for runs into the box.

giphy.gif

To play both him and Shelvey?

giphy.gif

He doesn't really look like a number 10 to me. I'd keep him where he is, because the more he sees of the ball, the better. He seems to have no trouble getting up and down the pitch all game.

I'd be in no hurry to get Shelvey back on board. They're competing for the same place, and Merino is the better player.

He doesn't really look like a number 10 to me. I'd keep him where he is, because the more he sees of the ball, the better. He seems to have no trouble getting up and down the pitch all game.

I'd be in no hurry to get Shelvey back on board. They're competing for the same place, and Merino is the better player.

Yup. His aerial ability is very much needed in the middle IMO. Gives us so much more protection and with his first touch and vision, it adds another dimension to our attack.