Mikel Merino

Disco

Play him in the Perez role where apparently Spain do and his lack of pace is possibly not so problematic.

This! Play Shelvey and Hayden behind him with Gayle in front and we might be on to something.

Seems so obvious to at least try it doesn't it ?

Guest Howaythetoon

I love how he brings down the ball on his chest and gets his feet on it instead of just aimlessly heading it or controlling it and then goofing it. He did some good stuff yesterday, but had a poor game in general. He’s not the type,of,player for this kind of battle really. He’s classy and if ever a player needs better players around him it’s Merino...

He’s lacking sharpness and made the mistake that led to the first goal, but think it’s harsh to say he was terrible. Hayden was nowhere to be found yesterday. Merino was asked to do far too much.

1 assist (which is a good example of why assists can dumb, but an assist nonetheless)

3 key passes

5 tackles won

5 interceptions

8 aerials won

Dispossessed twice

By comparison, Hayden:

0 assists

0 key passes

1 tackle won

0 interceptions

5 aerials won

Dispossessed twice

(and a customary booking)

He can't handle the stamina requirement in a 2 midfield role. So as Hayden.

He couldn't handle the stamina. I believe he will once he's back to full match fitness. I can't imagine he'll start on Wednesday.

I prefer to play 3 men midfield and let Merino attack.

Can imagine Wenger watched him today and thought he may make a move for him at some point. Probably the only player we've got good enough for their squad which is rather depressing.

Unless we have some serious investment may end up following Hamann's example.

Can imagine Wenger watched him today and thought he may make a move for him at some point. Probably the only player we've got good enough for their squad which is rather depressing.

Unless we have some serious investment may end up following Hamann's example.

and going to ....liverpool?