Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Guest Howaythetoon

You can only loan one player from each club so that rules out LC and Abraham on loan.

Didn’t we try for both Kennedy and LC last season on loan?

You can only loan one player from each club so that rules out LC and Abraham on loan.

LC was in the Championship season I believe.

Are you sure about that rule? I cant see it.

Are you sure about that rule? I cant see it.

It's in the Premier League Handbook.

They are:

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.

- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

If Rafa's budget is as fucking tiny as would be typical then I'm all for a loan here if we can buy him at the end of it. With the remaining budget we need to be buying the best striker we can afford, followed by a #10, followed by a right back.

Good news but ffs why don't we just buy him, well anyone at this stage  :lol:

If we have a limited budget (of course we fucking do!), why wouldn't we loan him? It frees up money for other players.

Get an option on him and it's a cracking deal.

If Rafa's budget is as fucking tiny as would be typical then I'm all for a loan here if we can buy him at the end of it. With the remaining budget we need to be buying the best striker we can afford, followed by a #10, followed by a right back.

With Mbemba, Merino and Mitro off we should have almost £40m plus whatever he gets off Jabba. Not that we will spend it like.

Ideal world - money saved on the fee put towards other players.

Real world - guess who wins again and we play this game next summer with the "earmarked money" mysteriously disappeared.

Will be huge to get him back though. Disappointing that means no chance of lotus cheek though, as slim a chance of that there was.

Good news but ffs why don't we just buy him, well anyone at this stage  :lol:

If we have a limited budget (of course we fucking do!), why wouldn't we loan him? It frees up money for other players.

Get an option on him and it's a cracking deal.

Don't get me wrong i actually don't mind loans and i understand it might be better for the overall budget. I suppose it's how you see things, personally i think it's another loan because we won't pay what they want, and until Rafa seeing willing he won't sign a new deal. It's a short term fix for a problem that could be solved long term, if we properly backed the world class manager we have.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think this deal will be fixed financially like the Merino deal, loan signing with option to buy and no doubt clauses inserted, hopefully a much bigger fee if there are any buyback or release clauses of course. I could be wrong, but I don’t think the club can afford or are willing to no doubt break our transfer record in one any given outlay even if it’s spread. Just yet anyway.

Mail article for those that don't want to give them clicks

Chelsea's exciting winger Kenedy has agreed to join Newcastle on a season-long loan after a successful first stint at St James' Park last season.

The Brazilian is a fans' favourite in the North East after spending the last four months of the season there, and Rafael Benitez has since moved to re-sign the 22-year-old.

Kenedy netted twice in 13 games, both against Southampton, during his initial stint at Newcastle, but his temporary spell saw fans desperate for him to return in 2018-19

That move is now nearing completion, as Chelsea allow the youngster some further first-team football opportunities away from Stamford Bridge.

There is plenty still to sort in west London with Chelsea's managerial situation in doubt, and Antonio Conte taking pre-season training despite his expected exit in the coming weeks.

Maurizio Sarri is waiting in the wings to take over on a £5.6million-a-year contract, as Chelsea look to end the long-running saga.

Kenedy's loan move looks set for completion before Sarri's arrival, as Newcastle get their man amid some competition from rivals.

RB Leipzig, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich had all taken note of his performances last season, with a view to a potential loan move.

Kenedy enjoyed his time at St James' Park last season though, and is understood to be happy to return for a longer spell under Benitez.

The Brazilian has been on the books at Chelsea since 2015 but he has only started five Premier League games for the Stamford Bridge outfit. His contract is due to expire in 2020.

Two pretty unflattering photos of him in the article

04DACAFF000007D0-5931005-image-a-11_1531065954090.jpg

04214C2E000007D0-5931005-image-a-13_1531065976446.jpg

As much as an option to buy would be amazing, if Chelsea aren't interested in that and we can still have him for a season, I'm happy.