Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Presume he cant play against chelsea...the game im heading over to 😑

He has only a year left on his contract by the end of the loan so maybe we might be hoping for a cut price deal then..but if he even has a half decent season with us there will be some competition which Mike doesnt like to get held to "ransom".

Merino deal was loan orginally and ended up getting him on a permanent transfer so fingers crossed be the same

I'm probably just miserable as fuck but it's pissed me off no end it's only a loan. We had a chance to buy a really good footballer and blew it. He'll do really well for us, then go somewhere else.

Which tbf might have even been the case if we had bought him too. If we don’t actually spend the fees we get for our players then I’m not even sure it makes much of a difference whether we’ve bought or loaned him.

I’m just really pleased he’s here for the full year. That’ll mean he’s been our player for at least a season and a half, given how talented he is that may have been the case even if we owned him.

Let’s be happy, positivity really does make a massive difference as seen with the England run this past few weeks.

You know that’s not what I’m saying man.

We’ve just secured the services of a real fan favourite, a winger that harks back to the Ben Arfa, Robert, Ginola’s of NUFC’s past, yet all I can read is depressing comments.

Let’s enjoy it, man.

Presume he cant play against chelsea...the game im heading over to 😑

He has only a year left on his contract by the end of the loan so maybe we might be hoping for a cut price deal then..but if he even has a half decent season with us there will be some competition which Mike doesnt like to get held to "ransom".

Merino deal was loan orginally and ended up getting him on a permanent transfer so fingers crossed be the same

Papertalk suggested that Chelsea would insert a clause in the current loan deal (a heavy levy would be attached to any transfer fee during & after the loan period.... if there's no buy option with a specific number) in order prevent us playing that sort of bargain-hunting, waiting game.

Based purely on this season I'm chuffed with this, we've effectively got back to where we finished the last and now it's time to build further.

If we can start shifting some players out (Merino, Mbemba, Mitrovic look to be relatively imminent) then still fairly confident we'll improve in the areas we need to.

We don't spend it before we have it, which is abundantly clear. It's not nice, but life gets easier if you accept that.

Based on absolutely nothing, I believe we'll secure a deal to sign him when we get another tranche of cash; Rafa is just using the available cash we'll have this summer to sign the striker and few others.

(shrug)(blind hope)

Based purely on this season I'm chuffed with this, we've effectively got back to where we finished the last and now it's time to build further.

If we can start shifting some players out (Merino, Mbemba, Mitrovic look to be relatively imminent) then still fairly confident we'll improve in the areas we need to.

We don't spend it before we have it, which is abundantly clear. It's not nice, but life gets easier if you accept that.

100% this, I also am just happy because we're going to get a full season out of Kenedy, who I think is fucking mint.

Guest firetotheworks

We’ve just secured the services of a real fan favourite, a winger that harks back to the Ben Arfa, Robert, Ginola’s of NUFC’s past, yet all I can read is depressing comments.

Let’s enjoy it, man.

I think you're missing the point tbf. The point is that even when there's good news they find a way to suck the joy out of it and we know it leaves us in the same position 12 months down the line with his value probably increased. It's a good deal that should have been a great deal, but either way, at the moment, it's a deal that sees us standing still. Until we actually get someone in that's going to improve us, everyone's going to rightly looking at Fulham, West Ham etc and feeling pissed off that one of the most well backed clubs in the Premier League is yet again rummaging the bargain bin pretending that it's poor, we're fucking sick of it.

so many could/should leave

- Blob

- MBemba

- Manquillo

- Ritchie

- Merino

- Gayle

- Joselu

- Mitro

- Colback

Maybe even more

He's not a fringe player. Atsu is a fringe player.

Getting this out of the way would normally be a cause for celebration, but our history with Ashley means it is unlikely to be a loan meant to keep funds back to spend elsewhere. There is no evidence to suggest that is something we are ever going to do.

Let’s enjoy it, man.

I think you're missing the point tbf. The point is that even when there's good news they find a way to suck the joy out of it and we know it leaves us in the same position 12 months down the line with his value probably increased. It's a good deal that should have been a great deal, but either way, at the moment, it's a deal that sees us standing still. Until we actually get someone in that's going to improve us, everyone's going to rightly looking at Fulham, West Ham etc and feeling pissed off that one of the most well backed clubs in the Premier League is yet again rummaging the bargain bin pretending that it's poor, we're fucking sick of it.

I'm aware of all that, but personally I prefer to focus on what's good. Kenedy signing, albeit on loan is great. Many of us thought we wouldn't even get him back on that basis this season. The news won't be dampened by future what ifs for me. Plus how do we know we aren't going to be much better than West Ham & Fulham this season? As we were last. Signing £40m players in great, sure, but we have a fucking excellent little squad who with our manager steering them gave us some amazing times last season. I can't see any reason why we won't do that again or maybe even more.

Agree we're now essentially as strong as we were at end of the season. I'm confident we'll pay decent money for a striker + Townsend - which will at least mean we go into the season with a clearly stronger starting XI than last year. If we can add a back up striker and no. 10 too then I think it's a fine window

Agree we're now essentially as strong as we were at end of the season. I'm confident we'll pay decent money for a striker + Townsend - which will at least mean we go into the season with a clearly stronger starting XI than last year. If we can add a back up striker and no. 10 too then I think it's a fine window

Back up striker to who?