Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

:lol:

Seriously though, why would a striker who is chronically shoet of goals, short of confidence and has shown he can only score scuffed goals take a penalty?

Surely Merino should have been taking it?

Either way, pathetic pen and even worse chance missed towards the end. Yes, he's here cos Ashley won't spend real money but I don't understand how praising him for being so s*** is going to suddenly give him any talent.

Like when Ba convinced Hatem to give Cisse the pen vs Norwich, Ben Arfa huffed but did it, and Cisse skied it.  :lol:

Not gonna lie, looking at his face on MOTD after missing the penalty, I did feel for him like, he just looked like a wounded puppy.

He's a fragile guy man. It is what it is. he hasn't hidden and has given his all, so can't fault him, but just don't put yourself in that position. Got to be more self aware than that.

Hope Slimani comes in and does amazing so the pressure can be taken off him, and hopefully he can come in for spot duty here and there and do well in that lesser role.

Seriously though, why would a striker who is chronically shoet of goals, short of confidence and has shown he can only score scuffed goals take a penalty?

Either way, pathetic pen and even worse chance missed towards the end. Yes, he's here cos Ashley won't spend real money but I don't understand how praising him for being so shit is going to suddenly give him any talent.

Someone hasnt Jamie Sterry's move to Crewe well.

Either way, pathetic pen and even worse chance missed towards the end. Yes, he's here cos Ashley won't spend real money but I don't understand how praising him for being so shit is going to suddenly give him any talent.

Someone hasnt Jamie Sterry's move to Crewe well.

:lol: :lol: deffo good enough for a bottom end League 1 side, raging.

After the disappointment has passed a little I feel a tad sorry for him. He worked hard yesterday, won  a ton of headers and tried to put himself about. He’s just truly awful in front of goal, he shouldn’t have been allowed anywhere near that penalty. He was smacking himself in the head for about 5

minutes after missing it. I haven’t seen the highlights yet but that chance in the second half looked dreadful.

Guest firetotheworks

I was thinking exactly the same. The bloke puts everything in and comes up short, it's not his fault that he is who he is, it's Ashley's fault for putting us and him in a position where he's being relied upon to score the goals to keep us up. If he had a shite attitude or if he cowered away it would be a lot easier to scapegoat him, but I just can't do it when his application is always there.

EDIT: Apart from the penalty, he shouldn't have taken it and if he was going to take it, he needed to put his foot through it.

After the disappointment has passed a little I feel a tad sorry for him. He worked hard yesterday, won  a ton of headers and tried to put himself about. He’s just truly awful in front of goal, he shouldn’t have been allowed anywhere near that penalty. He was smacking himself in the head for about 5

minutes after missing it. I haven’t seen the highlights yet but that chance in the second half looked dreadful.

The pass wasn't great but he never looked like scoring. Grafted his tits off in the second half but unfortunately that's just not enough.

Can't bring myself to hate the guy, he looks genuinely hurt when he misses chances and his attitude can't be questioned. He's just not very good.

.com also said that none of his career goals have been penalties, so pretty strange that he was on penalty duties. The camera didn't show who was taking it for ages and when it suddenly cut to Joselu standing over it, my heart just sank.

The pass wasn't great but he never looked like scoring. Grafted his tits off in the second half but unfortunately that's just not enough.

Actually thought that same, the pass slowed the attack down and he never looked like he was going to bang that in.

Guest firetotheworks

Dont feel sorry for him. He makes a lot of money being shite.

Ah, the old 'he makes a lot of money' therefore... argument.

I actually thought that wasn't a bad effort, it only just skimmed past the post from an angle. I know the commentator was saying he had to hit the target, but he was hitting the shot so it would clear the defender's block as well.