Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Think he'll do alright for us this lad. The majority of players who've done well for us have been in the 3-7m bracket over last few years.

8-14m haven't fared so well apart from Cisse in his first half season.

So if we were paying a bit more you'd be less confident?

Not at all, I just think it's strange that out higher profile signings haven't worked out or to be frank, have been a load of shite.

I'm gonna judge this guy by hiwbhe does for us. Thinking less of him off the bat because he's a cheap transfer is flawed logic when seeing how our more expensive ones have done.

Not at all, I just think it's strange that out higher profile signings haven't worked out or to be frank, have been a load of shite.

I'm gonna judge this guy by hiwbhe does for us. Thinking less of him off the bat because he's a cheap transfer is flawed logic when seeing how our more expensive ones have done.

Think its more about his poor goal record and the fact he can't get a game for Stoke that is more the concern for most level headed fans.

Think its more about his poor goal record and the fact he can't get a game for Stoke that is more the concern for most level headed fans.

I was thinking about his goal record, so I looked into it. Last season, he played 902 minutes in the league over 20 games. He basically played 10 full matches in total minutes on the pitch. He scored five goals.

Same with the season at Stoke in 2015/16. Effectively 12 full games, 4 goals.

Got to give him a chance - he's 6ft4, so will give us a target man at least. Rafa clearly doesnt trust Mitrovic to do that job.

Depends how much store you put by Mark Hughes judgement.

Fuck all really like so fair point, I wasn't aware on his minutes to goals ratio stat, looks a little bit more impressive when you put it like that.

I'm not saying he wont be useful or even do well for us, I just don't think hes the signing we all wanted, and for me that has nothing to do with the money, though it would be nice to make a statement with a big money deal, but only if the player was worth it of course.

Fuck all really like so fair point, I wasn't aware on his minutes to goals ratio stat, looks a little bit more impressive when you put it like that.

I'm not saying he wont be useful or even do well for us, I just don't think hes the signing we all wanted, and for me that has nothing to do with the money, though it would be nice to make a statement with a big money deal, but only if the player was worth it of course.

I have to say I'd be surprised if he scores many goals based on his recent moves and transfer value, but it seems he was highly rated at one point, you can only hope Rafa has seen something that he can work with. I agree we really needed to buy a top rated striker, but this is what we are reduced to these days.

Think he'll do alright for us this lad. The majority of players who've done well for us have been in the 3-7m bracket over last few years.

Hi Mike.

Your conclusion might be right but your premise is kinda strange.