Newcastle United 3 - 0 West Ham United - 26/08/17 (post match reaction from p22)

Greg

Professional, bordering on pleasurable :)

Really good stuff and hopefully a shot of confidence for our skill players who've looked quite tentative so far.

Not getting carried away as West Ham were dreadful. We'll face few teams as poor as them.

Elliot was shit. Not just his kicking but that Cresswell/Hernandez double chance.

Hernandez is a prick. Glad we didn't sign him.

Well done to Mitro for taking that second gilt edged chance. Glorious. Hopefully a nice goodbye moment :)

FT. I said before the match that someone needed to step up without Shelvey and Gayle, and they all did, but especially MoM Ritchie, our next main man. Well done son!

If you need a six-word summary, the team that wanted it won. Bilic has to be next for the sack if that is the best he can get out of them.

So we've got a couple of weeks to get a keeper and striker in. Kenedy too, to bolster the left side. FFS please do it. We can't expect every team in the league to be as weak as West Ham today.

How did Lascelles play?  I know he gets a lot of criticism but i think it's important he plays well this season.

He is untested except for their corner which he defended well.

Yea, didn't put a foot wrong, barely even noticed he was on the pitch. Which is probably a good thing for a CB. Defense looked well organized, he can prob take some credit for that

Excellent performance, like. There is attacking quality in this team to put lower teams to the sword, I've not doubted that. West Ham were crap but there are plenty of others like them, and we're good foil for this style of team.

Certainly didn't look out of place in the league today. Let's keep taking a game at a time and hope to fuck the Rafa situation works itself out (obvs unlikely).

Usually when a team has 60%+ possession it is obvious. West Ham had 63% and I can't think of what the hell they were doing with it.

We were extremely comfortable. Everyone (bar Elliot) deserves a lot of credit for that performance. Great effort.

I thought the first to score would win the match.  I think we played with an understanding and except for a 10 minute scary stretch in the 2nd half we were the better team.  Ayoze and Ritchie worked their socks off and we did a great job pressing all over the pitch.  Merino has some quick, nifty feet!

Perez for all the criticism had a hand in two of our goals, helping Ritchie win the ball for the first and providing the assist for the third. He also forced a good save out of Hart in the first seconds of the second half, and I thought worked his way into the game. Joselu and Merino really impressed and with their movement and ball retention, made our attack look more fluid than it has in years, admittedly against a very poor West Ham. Hayden and Merino have surely played themselves into starting slots, and Mbemba's made a strong case for his inclusion somewhere in the team. A really good performance all round.

Beaming after that, the perfect tonic to a shite week. Merino was superb as were Atsu, Ritchie, Hayden, Perez and Mbemba. A special mention for Joselu as well - led the line excellently while he was on the pitch and made a huge difference to our play.